Any Old TImers remember Awake (early 1960's) saying JW's could vote ?

by ShirleyW 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Re Atlantis' posting:

FLIP FLOP, FLIP FLOP, FLIP FLOP . . .but then why should we surprised, it just bogggles the mind how they go back and forth and rank and file just eat everything up like it's carved it stone, but then we already know that, which is why we're here !!. Absolutely amazing ! ! ! !

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Interesting. I don't interpret their stance so much a flip flop as just the usual tactic of using vague and misleading speech so that they can later place the blame on the rank & file for misinterpreting what comes from above.

I do recall when i was a kid our city held a plebiscite on water flouridation. My mom was extremely against it and wanted to vote. She went to the elders and they basically gave her permission - told her it was up to her conscience, but that voting on something like a plebiscite affecting one's health was not the same as voting on a political matter.

Most voting legislation I'm aware of states that it is illegal to destroy or deface a ballot, so they are really instructing their members to break the law.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

quote - What of a country where voting is not mandated by law but feelings run high against those who do not go to the voting booth—perhaps they are exposed to physical danger? Or what if individuals, while not legally obliged to vote, are severely penalized in some way if they do not go to the polling booth? In these and similar situations, a Christian has to make his own decision. "Each one will carry his own load."—Galatians 6:5. - unquote

Why is it that the word "Malawi" keeps ringing in my ears?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit