Alzheimers is good for something

by RR 18 Replies latest social family

• RR
    RR

My mother-in-law, a die hard JW for 30 years, built kingdom halls with her large donations, has alzheimers. Guess what? 30 years wiped clean, she doesn't remember being a JW, she's a Catholic. she hasn't been a catholic oin over 30 years. Go figure!

RR

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cool. Maybe catholic is the basic religion ;) There was another thread about an alzheimer lady who was astonished that she used to believe in the resurrection. If you ask, i will find the thread.

S

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi there RR! How ya doin'?

Amazing went from Catholic, to JW, and again to Catholic. Me, I went from JW, to non-JW, then back to JW, then back to non-JW.

Like you said...go figure.

• RR
    RR

Yeah, but you don't have alzheimers onacruse, so what's your excuse???

• onacruse
    onacruse

RR, maybe I have suffered from a form of Alzheimer's, in the sense of selective memory, and short-term memory loss?

My mother-in-law was in a care facility for many years, suffering from Alzheimer's, and every now and then the blank stare in her face comes back to haunt me, as if I was looking in a mirror.

• orbison11
    orbison11

wow, that is very interesting,,,and cool

orb

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Alzheimers is good for something

Yeah! It let's you play Zelda: Twilight PrincessFOR THE FIRST TIME over and over again!

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if the Elders™ will proclaim that she DA'd herself or has committed apostacy.

Now, if only that worked for all elderly JWs...

Not to make light of your mom's illness (it's struck my family too, so I know it is horrible) but I can see this becoming a trend among some JWs who are sick and tired of Waiting on Jehovah™ for several decades.... selective Alzheimers...

• mouthy
    mouthy

she doesn't remember being a JW, Well the HOLY Spirit said HE will teach us all & Father said listen to my Son...So that is what she is doing !!!!
    Instead off having the WT take over her mind - the HOLY SPIRIT has taken it over I prefer the latter dont you?
    But makes me nervous I am getting close to alzheimers what was I before a JW.??...

On NO!! an Atheist. !I am not making fun of your Mother ,,,,,Just thinking!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    My mother-in-law, a die hard JW for 30 years, built kingdom halls with her large donations, has alzheimers. Guess what? 30 years wiped clean, she doesn't remember being a JW, she's a Catholic. she hasn't been a catholic oin over 30 years. Go figure!

Same thing happened to my Grandma.....well, she was never a Catholic, but she started going to the KH in the 1930s after listening to Rutherfraud on the radio and she was a dedicated Dub for 60 years (although she refused to shun any family members who were DF'd). She started getting the dementia/alzheimers in the early 1990s. One day I went to visit her at the Home she was in, and she wasn't in her room. I heard singing down the hallway, followed it and there was Grandma at someone's birthday party! She had a birthday hat on and was eating birthday cake. I laughed my head off---it was so damn good to see her enjoying herself. Another time I went in there and she was at the church service they had.

Scully said: I wonder if the Elders™ will proclaim that she DA'd herself or has committed apostacy.

If you can believe it, my aunt was shocked and horrified that her mother would 'participate in Babylonish practices' (ignoring the fact that she had alzheimers) and actually said something to her elders. Even the elders had enough brains to realize that people with this disease forget alot of their life and revert back to their childhood memories, because they told my aunt that grandma wasn't responsible for what she was doing----it was the disease and they weren't about to bother with it. My mom and dad both told my aunt to stop being such a pea-brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit