What Can You Say to Jehovah's Witnesses Lame Excuses ?

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. I noticed JG Nat started a thread kind of similar, but dealing with elders . My wife helped me come up with this thread with some good ideas here. There are a few gems that witnesses use as excuses, phraseology they use to make excuses for their beliefs. Here are a few.

Humans are just imperfect- they make mistakes

Jehovah's just cleaning out his organization

Wait on Jehovah

Satan controls the Media

The holy spirit directed it , so it must be right

Where else will we go ?

The light got brighter

So, these are some of the catch phrases you are all well aware of. Keep in mind that cult mind control groups use controlling words like this to control their members . Their view of reality is Black versus white, good versus evil , group will over individual will , manipulation through fear and guilt, strict obedience to modeling their leaders.

So, lets open this wide open to discussion here. Think about one or more of these terms , and how would you respond to witnesses who use these phrases to you ? How would you bring them down to earth so to speak , and what ideas do you have to respond ? I look forward to your input , maybe we can help each other with good ideas here so we turn some of them away from cult mind control ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

You can't really say anything to make a typical JW think. What can you say to a cultist that will bring them out of their delusion?

• JK666
    JK666

I will take "the light gets brighter."

What about the flip flops on doctrine? Is Jehovah's "light for our roadway" (Ps. 119:105) a blinker?

(Gotta keep it simple for the Dubs)

JK

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- I agree it is next to impossible , but some of us gotta try ! I know, good luck with that ! But that's why i'm reading the book , " Combatting Cult Mind Control " right now. Just putting feelers out hereto you all.

JK- You are right, I think blinking lights is all they would understand, however it just might hypnotize them. But the flip-flops they do are incredibly gullible on their part. I recently just posted on one posters thread about how the number of annointed stays the same, even gradually goes up each year ! Instead of 144,000 in time with new crazy witnesses partaking each year the number will double in time till they won't know who the hell are the annointed ! I think new ones just eat the bread and drink the wine at memorials for the hell of it ! Status

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Humans are just imperfect- they make mistakes
    How many mistakes would the Watchtower have to make before God chose another organization?

Jehovah's just cleaning out his organization
    If so why did Jehovah allow 'honest hearted ones' watching TV to see something negative about 'the truth'. Why did he let it go public?

Wait on Jehovah
    Yet JWs tell all the people they meet in their ministry not to wait for reform in their church/religion but to quite and join theirs. Very hypocritical.

Satan controls the Media
    You wouldn't be saying that if there was a positive news report on JWs. Why not discuss the facts about the news story rather than simply write people off that say things we don't like.

The holy spirit directed it , so it must be right
    Since you have not seen the Holy Spirit and have nothing more than a 'feeling' that he is around you have a very weak argument. Why not examine what is true on its own merit rather than relying upon vague things

Where else will we go ?
    If your house was burning down would you require somebody to give you a new one before you got out of the one that is burning? Let the Watchtower stand on it's own and then if it is proven false or true you can talk about the place where you will go.

The light got brighter
    Changing a generic belief is one thing, telling people they need to suffer and possibly die for a belief that eventually is thrown into the garbage can is morally disgusting.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Great responses. I will defintely use some of these!!

• minimus
    minimus

In answer to the 7 points

#1-so if mistakes are simply to be accepted, one can never really be sure that what is stated is actually true because you can't have it both ways.

#2-When natural Israel kept making "mistakes", he eventually rejected them. Perhaps he IS doing this in the Organization,huh?

#3-There are plenty of people in the Bible that took definitive action before they were told by Jehovah to do a certain thing. "Waiting on Jehovah" is no excuse for proper action!

#4-Satan controls the media? Why do Witnesses use Satan's media to announce assemblies and other news that might affect the masses? Why be hypocrites?

#5-If the holy spirit actually directed something like believing transplants=cannibalism, then holy spirit is certainly not to be trusted.

#6-Follow that scripture and "go" to Christ. Don't substitute Christ for The Organization. The scriptures warn against adding or taking away from God's Word.

#7-Regarding the light getting brighter, why is it that the spiritual light is not given properly the first time? Getting back to transplants, was it necessary for people to die before Jehovah would decide the time is right to give the correct understanding??

• allreadygone
    allreadygone

{The light gets brighter} Jehovah is god of truth, and those who worship him must worship him truthfully! You never get truth from a lie and the BTBTS has lied many many times in Gods name. Show May 15th 1984 Watchtower page 7. Then show any Awake Mag C.A. 1990 page 4 Why awake is published: "Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creators promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away." So either god is a lier or BTBTS is lying in Gods name.

• flipper
    flipper

TATIANA- They are good points aren't they ?

MINIMUS- Very logical and cohesive points you make there ! Thanks !

ALLREADY GONE- I think the WTBS is lying in God's name ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Just bumping the thread up to see if there are more takes on these common excuses ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit