gloves
    hardware
    etc
    vehicles for transportation..society drive of course
    the policeman at the have made use of 90 sands
    crashing on the couch

but what do i know...i am only 8 miles from bethel and one
    of my elders works in warehouse - nytele

Since one of your elders works in warehouse (presumably the WTBTS warehouse), EXACTLY what gross quantity of the above items (including batteries) did they supply freely? What is "hardware"? What is "etc."? How many vehicles were chauffered for the firemen and for how long?

And what does this mean?

the policeman at the have made use of 90 sands
    crashing on the couch

And WHY hasn't the WTBTS come publicly forward and donated money? Afterall, we were taught to ask for donations door-to-door for their work. Why couldn't they help others with the necessities - including their money? It's one of the things the victims, families, and city needs immediately and long term.

And since your elder is in the WT spin arena, how do you know if he's spinnin' you or not?

waiting

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

NYT,

If the Society has done that then they deserve credit. However, a person's or an organization's true character is often exposed in the face of sudden and unexpected events. If what Seeker says is true, and there is no reason to think it isn't, then the reaction of the Society and its issuance of two different versions of the same press release (for public relations effect) is not only disgusting, but quite in line with expectations.

How can an organization, whose literature portrays truly disgusting images of tall buildings being destroyed while overjoyed witnesses escape, have had any real sympathy for the plight of those exiting Manhattan and the WTC area? Obviously, Seeker's account shows that, as an organization, they didn't. Perhaps they considered the refugees from Mhttn to be nothing but the firstfruits of Armageddon.

Lionel Hartley

• Seeker
    Seeker

NYT,

Thanks for adding those details. As I said, it is clear that the Society did something, but as you see from what Norm posted the stories being emailed around go far beyond those small details. The story about President Bush is 100% false, and yet JWs are believing it.

Lionel_P_Hartley noticed my point about the press releases. What I said is absolutely true, for I read both versions of the press release as they were sent out. Others here read them too, and can verify my account.

In short, the WTS had an intial reaction of 'batten down the hatches,' and then when the coast was clearer, and the entire country had already taken the lead to give of their blood, sweat, tears, and money, they stepped forward as well to do some things. Since then, they've been trumpeting their deeds, via overseers giving talks, and by not squashing the rampant rumor mill they must know exists (Bethelites get email too).

So remember, JWs, every time you hear that story about President Bush, you now know (from eyewitnesses) that it never happened. In fact, those of us who watched Bush's entire NYC trip on CNN know this to be 100% false that he was witnessed to and took a book. It never happened. Yet JWs are perfectly willing to pass along lies as long as it makes themselves look good and feeds their fantasy that they are the center of the world's attention.

• r51785
    r51785

The JW's were grief counselors. They opened up WT publications to some of the fine illustrations of Armageddon and said, "See this Sept 11 thing isn't so bad, you worldlings will be suffering alot more as soon as 1914, er 1925, er 1975 arrives and Jehovah fullfills all our prayers by slaughtering you."

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

haha seeker ..your a seeker..
    you said jw's are beleiving the bush story..I aint.

[quote]EXACTLY what gross quantity of the above items (including batteries) did they supply freely? What is "hardware"? What is "etc."? How many vehicles were chauffered for the firemen and for how long?[quote]

WHO THE FUQ CARES!!..as long as they gave and could stand before
    God and said we did what we could. can you see past your hatred??
    If they gave one million masks it would never be enough for people like you.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Get real, Telecom...
    Ever hear a Circuit Overseer moan about ``token service?'' That's what you have here. They had to do something short of absolutely nothing, for no other reason than to ward off criticism.
    If you think their response was in any way proportionate to the immensity of the tragedy and their ability to help, you need to rethink your concept of Christianity.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    haha seeker ... you said jw's are beleiving the bush story..I aint.

Good for you, NYT, I'm glad you see past the lies being passed around by JWs. But this particular lie, the Bush story, is being told at meetings, and via rumors, and via emails. If this story is not being believed by JWs, why is it being told at all? Why are JWs passing along a story that is demonstrably not true?

as long as they gave and could stand before God and said we did what we could. can you see past your hatred??

I realize you didn't direct this comment to me, but I hope you can see the point of this thread is to clear up the details about what JWs did or did not do at ground zero. That's not hatred, just accuracy. As a JW, aren't you concerned about having an accurate message?

• waiting1
    waiting1

Howdy tele,

If you've never had the "spiritual shepherding" of your Book Study conductor asking you to "step aside" after the meeting to chat about your Field Service Report time reported (being low).......well, you've missed a common occurrence in our neck of the woods.

Then the publisher get the priveledge of explaining his own private life to justify what is being perceived as "token service." Try to explain that "No, I don't think I'm 'spiritually weak'. My conscience allowed me to take my family to the park twice this month on Saturday morning to watch softball."

Elder: "Well, brother, even though your conscience allowed it, doesn't necessarily mean that your conscience is bible trained and spiritually healthy, now does it?"

So................if brothers/sisters/children can be pulled aside to be asked why their field service hours are not up to the standards of whatever country we live in (10 hrs a month in usa last I heard).........the WTBTS can be asked publicly exactly what they did in their Field Service Report in an extreme emergency situation.

Besides, when they've put out Awake! magazine articles on helping in war/disasters in foreign countries -- they put in how many TONS of food, supplies, clothing given to our brothers -- and "our brothers" only.

And again besides, you're the one who said one of your elders worked in WTBTS warehouse - he should know quantities, don't you think? ]

You opened the door to the question.

waiting

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I think if Jehovah knew that his valuable resources at Bethel were being used to help people he has vowed to destroy at Armageddon, he would be fairly pissed off. I don't think the governing body would misuse Jehovah's property in that way without specific permission.

• dubla
    dubla

nytel-

a recent quote in response to your overwhelming evidence of all the society has contributed:

Ever hear a Circuit Overseer moan about ``token service?'' That's what you have here.

no elaboration needed, this sums it up perfect....."token service"

your explanation of the token contribution was very informative though:

WHO THE FUQ CARES!!..as long as they gave and could stand before
    God and said we did what we could. can you see past your hatred??

first off, hatred has nothing to do with it. i hate no one in the society, and i believe hatred to be just as wrong as the societys token contributions to a national disaster.

can you really stand before god as you claim nytel? what would you say to him to explain why you didnt get your 10 hours in field service this month? maybe youd say "WHO THE FUQ CARES!!".........im assuming you use the same language when speaking with god as you do when speaking to us. after all, thats probably the language jesus would have used, and you are by definition following in his footsteps, arent you?

you are so transparent its humorous. why even bother parading yourself as a jw? do you really think the words of a known hypocrite like yourself hold any water when defending the society? like i said, its humorous to even read your retorts.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit