Does Free Will Allow Evil?

by writetoknow 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Caedes
    Caedes

No actual I don't as I am certain you don't! But that is point - as your question is not sincere most people on the forum have their mind-set and they only have one purpose. And that is to prove their point!

So what is your point?

For the hard of understanding, my point is that I answered your original c&p job (quite sincerely), you couldn't be bothered to reply. I was trying to get out of you how you can defend such an indefensible position, but so far your only action on this thread is to c&p some article and then make snide comments to someone who took the time to respond to you. I have made my point, what is yours? In your own words, if that is not utterly beyond you.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Eclipse must be in love because she usually makes ultra intelligent sense.

• catbert
    catbert

Richard Dawkins speaks of " The Shifting Moral Zeitgeist":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwz6B8BFkb4

For example, women have rights in spite of religion.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Am I correct in concluding that love equals obedience and evil equals disobedience, based on that article?

Sorry about that, it hopefully makes more sense now.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Evil does not allow for "free will". Free will allows for evil.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Whats the matter WTK? don't feel you can answer the points I made or have you not found the article you want to cut and paste yet?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Eclipse, your thoughts are intriguing. Are you inferring that love strives to preserve and enhance, please and help whereas evil judges, condemns, harms and conflicts?

It is intriguing because in the presence of both it seems to me it is difficult for love to work within its own boundaries and not display evil tendencies in negating evil forces.

It is like

love + love = heaven

but

love + evil = ?????

So how to ensure

humankind + humankind = heaven

is an epic problem one wonders at the global solution to.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Caedes

Do you have a problem or do you just like to stir things up?

• Caedes
    Caedes
    For the hard of understanding, my point is that I answered your original c&p job (quite sincerely), you couldn't be bothered to reply. I was trying to get out of you how you can defend such an indefensible position, but so far your only action on this thread is to c&p some article and then make snide comments to someone who took the time to respond to you. I have made my point, what is yours? In your own words, if that is not utterly beyond you.

If you feel incapable of answering the points I raised in my first post on this thread then feel free to say so. You are completely niave if you didn't think the title of your thread was 'stirring things up'

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Caedes,

So you've justified your reason - cool! The point is you don't like the post, oh well!

So it goes like this if there is evil its God's fault. If evil is prevented By God there is no free will. So life is all about correnction from someone... so what is free well? You tell me you seem to have all the answers? I am just the lowly paste boy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit