The view of commercial artists on WT art ...

by compound complex 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• seven006
    seven006

CC,

I just had this conversation (about the spooky hand illustration) with Doug (Farkel) on the phone two days ago. I also had the same conversation with Alan F. at his home 10 years ago when he showed me the book written about Watchtower subliminal art. If a person who graduated at the top of his class from MIT (Alan not Doug) was fooled by the subliminal art conspiracy then I guess it is fair to say that other intelligent people, such as yourself and Fark, might also get fooled .

First off, I repeat the key question of, WHY? It serves no psychological reactive issue (besides minor brain stimulation by exJW conspiracy theorist). It does not induce demon, goat, or dog worship. It does not subconsciously convince JW’s to increase their contributions into “the box”. So why would they do it? What purpose would it serve?

Once you begin to break down any such issue into LOGICAL deductive reasoning components, it breaks down and completely falls apart. This only leaves the “proven” psychological stimuli issue of “people see what they want see”.

I would love to see some of your artwork. PM me with a link to your site if you have one.

Take care,

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

Seven, you know nothing about art.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dave

'What purpose would it serve?'

It would not be to encourage worship, or something like that. I think would lead to a subconscious state of confusion. My theory, is that it's affect would be catatonic, setting up a mental paralysis. That paralysis would render the wt acolyte more susceptible to control.

S

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Does art have a purpose?

Since they take the time to create the illustrations WITH A PURPOSE in the first place, why is it such a stretch that they would tamper with them, even if it is just for the fun in doing it ... or because they CAN ... or because it is artistic?

• seven006
    seven006

I know Minnie Mouse. When I am exposed as a fraud like you just did, I bow my head in shame, walk away in humiliation, go sit down in the corner and just cry.

Damn you evil red pimple!

Ya-wanna buy some more naked art pictures from me?

Do you really think the Watchtower Printing Company’s leaders and art department staff are that clever?

I can see where you are coming from but don’t you think their literature and constant “new light” changing causes a sufficient amount of confusion and mental paralysis (as you put it.) (I like that…mental paralysis)? They start the ball rolling with heir rags and talks and because of the constant programming, a case of self induced blind ignorance soon takes over.

They don’t need to monkey around with bad art by untrained illustrators to accomplish that.

Take care,…except you Min. You can kiss my…my…my… butt!

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

Dave, why would I wanna buy some naked art pictures of you?

Yeah, I read what I wanna read.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dave

'Do you really think the Watchtower Printing Company’s leaders and art department staff are that clever?'

Good point. They sure don't appear very smart. Did they maybe consult psychologists? I don't know. I know that, when i was leaving, i thought i saw some subliminal stuff on a wt cover. It could have been my imagination, i guess. But, i showed it to a couple of my jw friends, and they could see it, too. Still, i just don't know.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

The 'new light' and sleight of hand changes do cause confusion on the conscious level. If stuff was buried in the artwork, it would work at a subconscious level.

S

• seven006
    seven006

Blue,

The Watchtower art department does NOT have a sense of humor. During the training I was giving them at the time, one of people asked me if I could show them how to do airbrush photo retouching. So I took a photo shot by their photo department of an old guy dresses up like Abraham. His hand was stretched out with his palm down. I added (retouched) a basket ball under his hand like he was dribbling it.

No one laughed (except me). They, like everyone else I met at Bethel, are afraid of their own shadow. The only laughing or joking I heard was after hours when the drinks were poured. After I did the basketball thing, I was told that the work was taken very seriously in the art department. I could tell a couple people wanted to laugh but Pavlov took over and the smirks quickly disappeared.

Illustrators do slip in things at times as a joke or a symbolic signature (usually their names and usually only on gratis work). On the CD cover art I did for Barb’s CD I put my name hidden in the cover art. It is well hidden but I can see it. There was no purpose other than I only sign pieces of art that I do that I “really like”. I really liked that Piece and the three of four other comps I did for it.

To slip in a personal artistic joke or signature on a watchtower publication would be disastrous for the poor Bethel mite. You people give the watchtower artist way too much credit for independent thinking ability. They are untrained, artistically undisciplined and cult programmed, but, given the context of their environment, they are not stupid.

Dave

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

First of all I don't know the first thing about art but when I went to visit the louvre in Paris I was totally enthralled and I think I can discriminate between tacky and brilliant.

Now it seems to me that the illustrations in the mags.are very powerful not to mention colourful.However I think if the Watchtower artists had soul and freedom of expression they would be brilliant but they would need the imagination of the angels and their minds are a closed book.

What do I know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit