Amazing responses from a pioneer/missionary/elder re Child Abuse

by What-A-Coincidence 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Pioneer response: I agree with you that you will find child molesters in ANY religion, even ours. And I did see the Dateline show about 3 years ago about JW and how the elders in some halls handled it. I did think the answers were lame on our part. But I also think the parents of the kids were stupid for not going to the authorities. Point being we are not perfect just like the disciples. Things are not always handled in the best way by the elders and thats sad. But it doesn't make our religion wrong. Our Bible teachings are right even though we are imperfect. Don't left the imperfections of others ruin your relationship with Jehovah and his organization.

Missionary Response: That document contains 1. Exaggerations 2. Outright lies 3. Half-truths 4. Misapplication/misrepresentation of the facts & scriptures

Elder response: The Society goes out of their way to protect child abusers.

That was in response to what is found on the pdf located here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/147180/1.ashx

Mind Control at it's finest! http://www.mediafire.com/?akofg1onylo

WT take note: The GB will receive these pdfs in the mail.

• flipper
    flipper

Typical making excuses for criminal conduct inside a mind controlling cult. Naturally those in authoritative positions are going to give the company line and say it's just imperfection. So if we can't judge the organization as criminal from criminal conduct, how do we determine whether it's approved by God ? They are so pathetically idiotic it is criminally insane ! Can anyone say 5150! ? ( The police code for the criminally insane ! ) Peace out, Mr. Flipper Good work WAC, keep it up .

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Spoke to my mom who I made watch the NBC news thing. She called another sister who put her husband on the phone (male=smarter than woman) that the society sent a letter out 2 yrs ago about it's the parents duty to call the police. I said "Mother it is the elders that are doing most of it and the kids are afraid to tell....for years". She went to the meeting today and jumped down an elders throught about the society protecting child molesters and stearnly told her "It's the parents job to report it...the society said so" She is not happy with that answer but I am proud that she will cause a showdown at the OK corrall at the meeting. She's pretty gutsy. You know why JW women are not smart enough to be Elders"??????????????????????????Because they don't have a penis to keep their brains in.

• dawg
    dawg

That was funny Dogisgod

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    That document contains 1. Exaggerations 2. Outright lies 3. Half-truths 4. Misapplication/misrepresentation of the facts & scriptures

I suppose this is so because the Society says that anything negative against is not true. Those attacks are supposedly motivated by Satan to steer people away from Jehovah. But, has the Society ever said that the child abuse allegations are lies? Have they ever denied that this happened and that it was their policy to keep it quiet so as to not bring reproach to "Jehovah's organization?" The Society has put such a fear of Satan and apostates into their followers that they don't have to answer any negative press they receive. The rank and file are automatically programmed not to listen to any charges against the Society for fear of coming under the control of Satan and his demons. It's pretty pathetic, but I was one of these people a few years ago. I'm glad to be free of their mind control now .

• restrangled
    restrangled
    I agree with you that you will find child molesters in ANY religion, even ours.

Lets get a little perspective here. Nobody is saying that the WTS is as bad as other religions. The WTS is FAR WORSE than other religions. What seperates the Jehovah's Witnesses and makes them FAR WORSE than other religions is that you will find REPEAT OFFENDERS in their congregations. Why? Because instead of turning these scumbags immediatelty over to the authorities so they can be taken off the streets and prosecuted...the WTS protects them by basically OBSTRUCTING the process that the rest of society follows and that the law of the land instructs.....which is a real simple instruction.... report them immediately to the authorities.

Make no mistake, the WTS is WAY WORSE than other religions concerning this matter.

R's Hubby

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS says it's not their responsibility to protect the children,,the parents' & the 'law' responsibility . . .okay.okay ,,,,The WTS says when you have a medical/surgery & blood issue, that is the individual's responsibility and the doctors .WTS not helpful, not responsible when the individual dies . .okay..okay . .. .When the WTS says no college,,don't worry about financial security and then when you have financial problems don't come crying to the WTS . okay... okay. . What is the WTS for anyway???

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A response that we got from a pioneer sister after the Dateline episode: "That was just take away attention from the Catholic Church."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for posting those responses. Here's mine:

A child comes to the elders for help. It took a lot of courage to come to them.
    They are the ones that are supposed to help the members.
    The elders call the WTS for advisement in these cases.

So the child comes to "God's representatives" for help. God's representatives
    place protecting the organization ahead of the child. In many cases, the child
    and other family members were advised not to talk to other witnesses about the matter.
    Even if they were not told to avoid authorities, they got that impression, plus they already
    came to "God's representatives." They figured that the elders would handle the matter.

Then the worst part is that many children were told not to make accusations in the cong.
    against Uncle Harry or Elder Bob. Some were sent back into that same situation after
    informing the elders about it. They actually, to protect the organization, told a little girl or boy
    to keep their mouth shut, then they were sent back to a molester. And the molester denies
    the charge, so he's free to molest others.

• avishai
    avishai
    But I also think the parents of the kids were stupid for not going to the authorities

Ironic how often this is used.

What many don't understand is A) it's often a ministers legal duty to report.

B) in a huge # of these cases parents, kids, whistleblowers are threatened w/ DF'ing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit