JWD Birthday #2

by serendipity 12 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

Well, it's that time of year again- my 2nd JWD birthday! And amazingly, I'm still not an alcoholic crack ho.

Here's the post I made last year: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/124298/1.ashx
    After reading it, I thought,"I haven't made much progress this year", but realized that even subtle progress is good.

The biggest change: We attended the Memorial, but other than that, we haven't attended any meetings or conventions
    in a year. I've told different JW relatives that we were "taking a break", and no one asked ME why.
    But evidently, the family has been talking. My mother told them I'm depressed about my pending empty nest and
    that I hate my job. (How conveniently timed those circumstances are!) I've still been invited to some family events,
    so there don't seem to be repurcussions -yet. No one, except for my mother (inactive and sporadic meeting attender),
    tries to encourage us to go back. That's shocked me. Now that they know I'm a slacker, I'll have to be
    careful about criticism of the WTS lest I'm labelled as apostate.

(We've moved, so I don't have to worry about the elders or 'friends' tracking us down. The lack of love makes
    fading soooo much easier.)

I don't act much differently, but feel little, if any, guilt/fear for the things I do or say that aren't "JW kosher".
    I feel freer when talking to people because I don't have to put up my "protective shield to guard against
    Satan's influence through worldly people ". Wow- what an energy drain that used to be. I guess people are reacting to
    my openness, since a few have reached out to me in friendship. Ditto for the love life- it's great that I've been
    able to broaden my search. Now I'm hopeful I'll actually find love. As a JW I felt it was hopeless.

In an effort to define what I do believe, I had plans to do a lot of research on the Bible, early Christianity
    and Jesus, but my "recovery" and spiritual journey has been put on the back burner because I had enough other
    stuff to deal with. That's reflected in my participation here: The first year I made 3362 posts. This year I
    only made 400. I think a few people have noticed my absence in gabbly as well. ;-)

My daughter's fade is going well too, unbeknownst to her. She doesn't ask to go to meetings! She cusses!
    She plays violent video games! She listens to debasing music! She ocasionally asks questions about JW beliefs.
    She mentioned that she would like to march in a peace rally. I said "well, I can't go with you. I could get df'd."
    She was shocked. I mention all the silly reasons JWs can get df'd for. She said "that's not much incentive to get
    baptized." "Yippee!!! She's getting it" I think. Then today, she was talking about Turkmenistan, and
    I asked "do you want to visit there?" She said "no - it wouldn't be safe for us as JWs". *sigh*
    I hope to get us unlabelled over the next year. Stay tuned.

• White Dove
    White Dove
    The lack of love makes
    fading soooo much easier.)

You said it! And happy birthday!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Happy 2nd anniversary (JWD-style) to you, Seren!

I'm glad your fade is going so well, and hopefully your daughter will be able to loosen the remaining chains to the JW's.

• wings
    wings

I read your link to last year's post. (thank you for sharing). Sound's like progress to me.

Congratulations, on your second year. Glad you are here, thank you for sticking around.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Glad to see you post .... Yes take it slow girl. as long as you dont go to meetings you cant get D/F/
    If you want to keep Mum & family its best to be "depressed" in Her opinion.

I guess I shouldnt make blank statements like I just did ..YOU can get D/F even if you dont go to meeting . Jean Eason was D/F after 29 years of not attending... Some one reported she attended Church...In her book "A Jehovahs Witness Finds The Truth" she tells it as it is.
    Let your post be more than 400 in 2008 (((HUG))))

Mouthy

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

serendipity...

Congrats on another year of progress.

By February of next year (my first anniversary on JWD), I should be where you are...I hope... the real test will be the Memorial...if I can skip that, maybe I will be home free...

hey...do you still find yourself humming Kingdom Melodies from time to time, or have you broken yourself of that nasty habit... LOL I turn on a jazz station if KMs pop in my head.

Snakes ()

• mouthy
    mouthy

Snakes I still like Loyal Love. But I prefer Amazing Grace ..... Holy ,Holy, Holy!!!!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Happy anniversary!! Kids are resiliant aren't they? My daughter asked for a cross for Christmas. And this is the one who hesitated the most!

May the next year be a great ride!!!

momz

• mouthy
    mouthy

May the next year be a great ride!!!

momz AMEN!!!!!

• steve2
    steve2
    The first year I made 3362 posts. This year I
    only made 400. I think a few people have noticed my absence in gabbly as well. ;-)

Congratulations JWD Birthday #2! You mention the decline in number of posts you've made in the past year. This is perfectly fine. There's no one looking over your shoulder impelling you to keep up the 'hours' and making you feel guilty if you don't.

Priorities change - that's life, and who knows, a sign of growth might be making fewer posts or making more. Contrary to the numbed-out judgmental JW lifestyle, life is seldom black and white.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit