Mom almost burnt the turkey

by mrsjones5 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My parents and sister came to visit for a few days before Thanksgiving (they left the day of) so I decided to cook the turkey dinner the day before turkey day. I had the greens in the crockpot and the dressing was already made when I started the bird, it was a small one (about 12 pounds) so it wasn't going to take long to roast. I was doing my favorite Martha Stewart white wine and butter turkey and had just got it going when my sister declared that she wanted to step out for a short while to go to her fav gallery shop in my town. Since everything was almost done and Mom said she would watch the bird I decided to go with. We were only gone an hour. When we got back we stepped into a smokey house. Mom with her infinate wisdom decided to disregard my instructions about the bird (hubby told me later that Mom and Dad were laughing about my Martha turkey), didn't baste it at the required time and decided to transfer the bird to another roasting pan. Needless to say my turkey didn't come out as moist as my other Martha turkeys have. Hubby said never to let Mother touch another bird in his house, I totally agree.

But all in all we had a nice visit.

Josie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I so rock!!! I killed my own topic.

Josie ~ The Ultimate Thread Killer

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I just love the Holidays!! While my wife was at work yesterday, I decided to surprise her by putting up the new, self lighting Festivus Pole.LMAO. Hey, like George Costanza said" Festivus for the rest of us," right? Ok, so .I get it out of the box, brand new. It's in 4 sections, 9 1/2 footer. Put this section here , that one there, etc. Then, you have to find the internal extension cords to make the self lighting lights to light. So. I kinda lean into the thing, it's standing in front of me, all 9 1/2 feet of it and ZING!!!I liked to poke my eye out!!! yup, leaned right into one of those festivus branches poked me right into the inside corner of my eye! So, here I am, automatic tears flowing out my eye, had to keep checking in the mirror that it wasn't blood or viceral fluid. Here i am today, nice black eye and all. GEE!! Aren't the Holidays fun??No, really, I am enjoying my life now. And to think, I missed out on this for over 50 years. My house has all the tradional lights around the roof, really pretty, little lighted reindeer in the yard pulling Santas sleigh. COOOOOOOL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds beautiful

• *summer*
    *summer*

Hhmm...Martha Stewart "white wine and butter" turkey sounds yummy!!!

Would you happen to have a link for this recipe?

*summer*

• mrsjones5
  • *summer*
    *summer*

thank you much, mrsjones...

love cooking with wine!

this one is a keeper!

*summer*

• Honesty
    Honesty

Did she mess with the crockpot full of greens?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

MsJones, you gotta love it! The whole thing reminds me of some of the hilarious Christmas movies that I have watched! LOL!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Did she mess with the crockpot full of greens?

Thank goodness no! I had already put them on before she got to the house. I was hoping to get a sweet potato pie recipe out of her but she claimed not to have one. I needed something simple so I used a pumpkin pie recipe off a can of Carnation evaporated milk...worked fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit