Caught quite a doozy at the meeting Thursday night...

by B_Deserter 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• searcher
    searcher

Actually the person who wrote the story said it was true, and only CLAIMED that god said it.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Here in the Atlanta area, there are a lot of freakazoid religious nutjobs who drive around with bumperstickers that say "The Bible said it, I believe it, that settles it." How can you reason with somebody like that? Hell, I'm just glad the bible didn't say to shoot fat white guys, 'cuz one of these nuts would be shooting at my ass all the time!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Here in the Atlanta area, there are a lot of freakazoid religious nutjobs who drive around with bumperstickers that say "The Bible said it, I believe it, that settles it." How can you reason with somebody like that? Hell, I'm just glad the bible didn't say to shoot fat white guys, 'cuz one of these nuts would be shooting at my ass all the time!

LMAO at dork!

nj

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Plato/Socrates proved that things are not true just because someone said it, even if that person is God. Things must be independently true, self evidently true, to be considered actually true. God saying the world is flat does not make it flat.

• minimus
    minimus

Since Jesus referred to Jonah, it is believed that JC wouldn't be trying to emphasize a point if the person wasn't real.

I like the thought about Sheol. It would make sense that when Jonah went into the fish's (not whale's) belly, he prayed and then died. Then he was raised up again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit