Cat pee

by noni1974 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the way to keep the cat from drinking from the toilet is to keep putting the lid down when it isn't in use. Around here an outside kitty has another name - it's called coyote bait. Not safe to have an outside cat here.

• flipper
    flipper

I've always had cats - at one time seven. I kept several litter boxes. There are several brands of enzyme type pet odor remover that you can find at pet supply stores. I found that worked the best by far. There is also something in a spray bottle that will keep them from peeing wherever you spray it. If you have carpet you need to peel it up where the pee is and soak it with the enzyme for half an hour, also do the padding and the subfloor. I found that in time and with patience they will stop doing it. Mrs Flipper

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If you keep the lid down, how can you teach my kitty to pee in the toilet? She's not smart enough to lift it up. Probably would fall in .She ocasionally drinks from the fish tank. Yum.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

This works really well... It's an enzyme neutralizer and kills the odor so that even the cat can't smell it and continue to go on the same spot. http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Remover-Gallon-gallon/dp/B00008437W

The litter box has to be clean always. Have you tried those self-cleaning litter boxes? Personally, I vote for teaching the cats to use the toilet, but it can be a lot of work.

GGG

• eclipse
    eclipse

Just a thought,

Just incase he is still peeing on your things, despite all of your efforts to prevent this:

...keep your bedroom door shut. It's offlimits to him until he shows that he will only pee in his box.

Keep him out of your room. Easier said than done I'm sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit