Cat pee

by noni1974 44 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

OMG I'm so pissed at my cat Baby.He has this thing he does when the cat box needs changed.He pees on my clothes and on my bedding.I usually don't know he's doing it till it's to late.

Last week I had just changed my bedding and put my 300.00 comferter on my bed for winter.I just climbed in my bed to go to sleep.My cat gets up on the bed and pees on me.

I know what your thinking get rid of the cat he's got a problem.But I can't who would adopt a cat who's a known pee er??He only does this when the cat box is really bad.I'm usually on top of it but there are times when I get home and I'm too tired to change the cat box.

So now I'm trying a new cat litter.I tried feline pine.Now I'm trying a cat litter made of recycled news paper.It's called yesterdays news.So far I like it better then feline pine because I hate the smell of the pine cat litter.It smells like I have giant hamsters living with me.I scoop the poo out everyday and it's doesn't smell.

Now I'm left with cleaning up the pee smell out of my comferter.I bought some vinager because another poster told me it gets pee and other oders out of fabric.I'm soaking the comferter in it now and I will leave it soaking till Monday.My comferter is too big to just throw in a washer and wash.I need to take it to a laundry mat and put it in a washer that can wash 4 loads at once.

Does anyone else have any tips for me.Number one to get the smell out if the vinager doesn't work and number two to get him to pee where he's supposed to.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Vanilla is a good deodoriser too.

• ninja
    ninja

theres always piano wire ....kidding...before the cat protection league gets annoyed

• brinjen
    brinjen

Maybe get a second litter box and keep it in a place where none of your cats can get to it, ready to go for when you're too exhausted to change their box.

• ninja
    ninja

hope you're "feline" better soon....ahem

• BIG D
    BIG D

my cousin is a vet, cats commonly get a kind of bladder infection, go to vet, get meds, when they have this, they will not go regurarly back to the box, as they can smell this , in the box, if it is clean they will go once, and then 2nd time , wont go , they smell it again

big d

• *summer*
    *summer*

Yes BIG D...

I had that very same problem with my cat. We were away for a weekend and the cat pee ruined part of the hardwood floor in the hallway:-(

Noni, have you tried a Google on getting rid of cat pee odour? I am sure you will find something there.

Good luck.

*summer*

• ninja
    ninja

right ladies ...I am going to stop you right there!!!!....stop blaming the cats

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I recommend this method:

• noni1974
    noni1974

I have 2 litter boxes at the moment.I like the idea of another in emergency only cat box.I think I could do that.

The problem with this cat is it's a male and I didn't get him fixed till after he had started spraying.Partly my falt.Plus I can't blame him too much I wouldn't want to pee in a nasty bathroom either.I just have to learn to clean the boxes when I first start smelling them.I usually think it can go another day and that's when he does the peeing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit