Comments You Won't Hear at the 11-25-07 WT Study (w07 10/1, pp.26-30)

by minimus 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

Yes Oz....it's very 70 and early 1980ish.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I am convinced that the Devil cannot possibly be a real entity and to truly understand the concept of the devil one has to think of him / it in a figuritive sense any other explanation is nonsense.

If as the Jdubs would have you believe the Devil is a spirit being with super human intelligence and can deceive humans how is that mankind is held responsible for the machinations of a superior force ,where is the justice in that? Another point to consider in the barmy Witless world is the fact that if the Devil has super duper intelligence how come he isn't wise enough to recognise who holds all the power.

Ever since early man began to ask why?, the Devil theory has come in handy for those who can't come up with a sensible alternative answer and it's time all sane people began to look for alternatives. The real truth is out there the Jdubs just haven't got the hang of it as yet.

Sure we are deceived , by our own ignorance we make mistakes and lessons are continually learned from our own and from other peoples mistakes.

Just keep loving one another and say hello to my bird catcher

• jgnat
    jgnat

Haven't we seen this article before? Materialism, smoking, watching soap operas, skipping meetings, and questioning the society is all very, very bad. If you are tempted by these things, you are being deceived by that superhuman being, the Debbil. Be very, very afraid.

Yeah, I find the subjects they focus on this article are plain weird.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few unscrupulous elders and their victims have been caught up in MLM schemes or worse. After all, if you can't trust your friendly neighbourhood elder, who can you trust? It would be in the society's best legal interests to distance themselves from the scam artists. The last thing they would want the courts to catch on to is that the elders hold an unscrupulous amount of authority and trust over their congregationalists.

WITH, apparently, precious little repurcussion.

Congregation beware.

AND for those elders who think the society will support them LEGALLY, think again. Get yourself some clergy insurance.

• Scully
    Scully

"Satan The Devil" is such a convenient whipping boy for people who do not want to take responsibility for their own actions and choices.

• Grammy
    Grammy
    "Satan The Devil" is such a convenient whipping boy for people who do not want to take responsibility for their own actions and choices.

Truer words were never spoken!

Thank you!!

Grammy Sandi

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

The constant warnings against soaps make me laugh. Are witnesses really so naive that they think soap operas are like real life and should be imitated? Wait - don't answer that!

I read some research that opined that women like soaps because they depict men the way women would like them to be: overly loving, always thoughtful, ready to show emotion and discuss feelings, and above all very easy to manipulate and fool. I wonder if that has anything to do with the paranoia against soaps

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't know why they have to tell the r&f not to work hard. Nowadays if you're working hard, you're keeping your head above the water.

Have the governing body members known a life of hard work, struggling to make it....?

• bobld
    bobld

I think the title fits the WBTS(JW) perfectly to a T.They are the ones that trap unexpecting people by their scheming deceitful ways.Shame.shame shame on you GB/FDS.They keep referring back to old WT/RAGS which was new light then old light and who knows what anymore.EX,old/new/old/new GENERATION.Good God these people are sick they need to watch Dr. Phil for the next ten years for therapy.

Bob

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

oh so true! Not only for JW's either - a lot of Christians do it too

• carla
    carla

The wt & jw's appear to give the devil more power and influence than they give God. This constant 'be on the lookout' paranoid thinking gives little time to contemplate the beauty and goodness of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit