Comments You Won't Hear at the 11-25-07 WT Study (w07 10/1, pp.26-30)

by minimus 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• V
    V

I have not posted a topic since 31 October.

See here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/23116/topics/default.ashx

What is going on??

• Angharad
    Angharad

The topic you started yesterday petitioning for WT comments has not been deleted, only removed so it still counts towards your limit - try again in about 3 hours and your should be able to post !

• V
    V

I used to be able to post 2 topics per day. So if the topic I posted yesterday was removed/deleted, why does that count against me?

I am trying to post the fully formatted version of WT Comments. Please stop crippling my efforts.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I have not posted a topic since 31 October.

See here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/23116/topics/default.ashx

What is going on??

You know full well that you started a topic yesterday petitioning to get WT Comments account back. You knew this was being dealt with in admin because Simon PM'd you. You decided it wasnt happening quick enough and started a topic which was then removed to the admin section. Your account was resticted which is standard procedure in this sort of situation to stop you just starting another while it was resolved.

I am trying to post the fully formatted version of WT Comments. Please stop crippling my efforts.

No one is trying to cripple your efforts just have a bit of patience.

• Simon
    Simon
    I am currently trying to add the latest WT Comments (to be posted under V) but JWD has locked my ability to do so. PLEASE UNLOCK!!

Ok, I'm getting more than a little tired of your twisting the facts. Here they are:

• You have had multiple accounts yourself (3?)
    • You setup another account and shared it with others WITHOUT checking with me first but throwing my name around and claiming you had
    • Because you lied about this the other mods were waiting to check with me.
    • Because I have other things to do than run around after you I didn't deal with it immediately but PMd you to say that I would. Again, it took longer because I had to look into your bogus claims - if you have been honest then I wouldn't have.
    • You started sending PMs demanding me sort it out blah blah blah (that doesn't make me want to bother at all)
    • You then start making 'petition' type topics to try and put pressure on the moderators to reverse the correct decision they had made.
    • Your posting limit was reduced because of this.
    • You then start claiming that you haven't made any topics since 31 Oc (when you know you did yesterday)

PLEASE have a bit ot patience. No one is trying to 'criple your efforts' but if you continue doing what you are then you will probably succeed in pissing me off and convincing me that maybe I shoudn't support this.

Right now, all you have managed to do is divert this topic from what it was originally intended - the commentary on the WT.

NO ONE IS TRYING TO STOP YOU POSTING THESE COMMENTARIES!

All we are stopping is duplicate (esp. shared) accounts as per the forum rules. You could have avoided all this by really checking with me first and not doing it in hindsight and then confusing people by claiming you had.

Your account is not locked or deleted and you are not prevented from posting - your topic limit has just been lowered for the time being.

• V
    V

I quit.

• minimus
    minimus

V, I think you should think about the work that you and Blondie and anyone else behind the scenes has done to give the WT.Comments out to the forum. I realize that you might be disturbed by the course of events but no one is supposed to have a number of accounts. Why you would need more, I don't fully understand. Having said that, I would like to see "Blondie's baby" continue on because of what it has been able to do in terms of enlightenment.

• Simon
    Simon

V. You give the impression that this is all about you.

All we are asking is that you keep to the forum rules. You will get on much better if you do this and don't try playing games - if you want our cooperation then don't try and manipulate or deceive us. Would you go out of your way to help someone who was being deceptive, demanding and wasting your time? I doubt it ... so stop expecting us to bend over backwards for you when you are doing that. We are all for helping people who are willing to put in some effort for a good cause but you should beware of alienating those who would naturally want to offer assistance.

I suggest that for now we make a clean start and you concentrate on posting the commentary which is what this is supposed to be about.

• minimus
    minimus

Getting back to the article, why does the WT. always dwell on get rich schemes? Is that such a major problem that the Society has to regularly express a warning here???

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Is that such a major problem that the Society has to regularly express a warning here???

Good point. My feeling is that it's not such a big thing but the expression "get rich quick schemes" tells something of the authors - it's part of the lingo of the older generations, not something in the vocabulary of the younger ones. From this i deduce that it's another example of the GB/Writing Dept mindset, their view of the world from which they've been removed for so long and have little real understanding of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit