Barb's response to the WT's Media email and site

by Dogpatch 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Anyone else care to comment on the Watchtower's Media Site response to the pedophile issue? I know this has partially been covered, sorry. :-))

Randy

Barbara Anderson says,

What a misleading and lame statement offered by the Watchtower. The issue is not how many "elders" have been sued, but how many children have been molested by JW molesters over the past 100 years and reported to the authorities. The fact is that in my area alone there were 18 Witness molesters accused and who admitted what they did to a JW judicial committee. All expressed repentance. They were secretly reprimanded but the authorities were not notified.

About 25 miles from my home, there was a sensational case. A ministerial servant molested two children and years later when one of them went to the police, the Witness was arrested and sent to prison. If the elders had reported him to the authorities, he would not have later molested the second child.

Reporting abuse to the authorities along with supporting the victims in their distressful state is something that the Watchtower Society has not been doing for the past 100 years and the facts prove it. Fear of disfellowshipping and being shunned has kept literally tens of thousands of victims of child abuse at the hands of Witness molesters from going to the authorities.

Barbara

• choosing life
    choosing life

Good reply. Not much to add, but I hope this story doesn't die out before the real facts come out. We all need to do our best to bring attention to it.

Barbara did a wonderful job and her CD is a marvel. If you don't have one, it is well worth the money and it helps support the cause.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thanks for posting that randy. like barbara we all know or read many many many personal experiences that expose the watchtowers downplaying for the lie that it is.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This problem is endemic to a lot of religious organizations not just the jws, whenever they try to deal with the situation internally they inevitably screw everything up

not only for the Innocent victim but also for any possible victims in the future.

In no way is a brain dead elder going to have knowledge about the psychological trauma of sexual abuse of children and how to treat the situation

The applied two witness rule is another protagonist to the problem also

At least the witnesses use the DF policy against abusers, some religious groups don't even do that

I think what Barbara is trying to do is a good thing in a way just like the other religions out there , it is not a good idea to have some self appointed religious figure

deal with a serious matter as pedophilia.

It's simply not good for the victim and the general public or even the abuser for that matter !.

And playing hush hush is really a dangerous game to play for all concerned.

• yknot
    yknot

Barb, is right!

What a farce!

Seeing how Teddy himself has been accused, I doubt there will be any real changes. Maybe when dies and the legal department/ accounting department can weigh in on the matter, and get the newbie-GBs to mandate an automatic reporting.

Here is another thought too, they claim we don't have a clergy class, yet all baptized are to be considered "ordained ministers". LIARS LIARS LIARS

I think the FDS, should keep reading the rest of the parable...........

BASTARDS, BASTARDS, BASTARDS!!!!! "let the Elders handle it" my adze!

sorry for rant...

Yknot

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Just woke and am in the dark - are there any links to what Barbara said on NBC news and what's this about Teddy being accused?

• wednesday
    wednesday

Thanks Randy for posting Barbara' reply. I as others are so very grateful to her - facing down the WTS.

They have effectively silenced so many people, women and children generally. This is the tip of the iceberg as we all know. Their crimes include but are not limited to , child abuse, allowing pedophiles, rapist's, and wife beaters to run amok in the congregations.

She has shown herself courageous and at her own expense, personally and financially.

the wts words are indeed lame.

• bobld
    bobld

Further to my previous statement.How many Catholic priests charged in the first 1900 years of the R.C,.hay,hay,GB/FDS.Why only USA,and Canada,Gr.Britain.R.C,had 4X as many members in 100CE than what WBTS has today.Why not first start by apoloizing to the victims.then make your sorry excuses for your corrupt money greedy organization.

Bob

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    They have effectively silenced so many people, women and children generally. This is the tip of the iceberg as we all know. Their crimes include but are not limited to , child abuse, allowing pedophiles, rapist's, and wife beaters to run amok in the congregations.

What a pile of complete pony

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

You can see the telecast by going to www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619 and your will

find the link "Jehovah's Witnesses Abise Allegations" to see the telecast from last night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit