Holey Sh*T....

by Priest73 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I think it's interesting that they specifically point to the United States in their press release. It does not give a world wide count for the last 100 years, just a United States count. I wonder why.

Anyway, I believe that they are lying and that the numbers are much higher. This is, after all, a press release designed to make them look good. Especially the part about them being glad about the settlements, when they fought tooth and nail in the courts, and hired hordes of lawyers, just so they wouldn't have to pay the victims.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    I think it's interesting that they specifically point to the United States in their press release.

It's also interesting they only mention 'elders' and 'sue'.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Bringen, you are absolutely right!

They are crafty, aren't they?

They only mention elders being sued, but what about ministerial servants, brothers and even sisters?

I knew there was something fishy about their numbers and now I know what it is. They limited their count to just elders, making no mention of others in the congregation.

• carla
    carla

What the public will not understand is that 'yes, the jw's are free to report' but if they do they will be df'd and what that means to a jw. Outsiders have no concept of the extreme shunning practiced by the jw's. You try to explain but they just don't get it. They cannot comprehend shunning your own child for instance, and in the case of sexual abuse they cannot comprehend shunning a victim and protecting the perpetrator. Often they think it must be an exageration or rare cases not the norm.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I guess they forgot about the 25,000 or so files in the lawyer's office, others beside Elders such as MSs and the problem with their policies that allowed these men to keep molesting.

I guess they also forgot to tell the word that many cannot launch a suit because of the statute of limitations in many of these cases since memebers had to let things go or risk being dfed.

I wonder what is next.

I hope this brings out more people from neing afraid into the open.

BTW - WAY TO GO BARB!!!!!!!!

hawk

• JH
    JH
    over 80,000 elders, only eleven elders have been sued for child abuse in thirteen lawsuits filed in the United States.

Like my mom pointed out to me this morning, JW's are allowed to get married and have a sexual life, while Catholic priest were't allowed to get married....so their comparison is bogus.

• sf
    sf

It is a good morning, isn't it TED?

You must have been busy getting this gem up at your site, that you just couldn't be available for comment on camera:

For the sake of the victims in these cases, we are pleased that a settlement has been reached

Pleased? For their SAKE? LOL!!!! One of these Ted, I am going to actually look at just how big your balls really are.

Reached????

Not pleased enough to go on camera though you coward.

Guess who's coming to dinner tonight Ted? Someone from Balboa Island all those years ago. All grown up. Conversation

at tonight should probably be taped! lolol

Have an absolutely miserable weekend. I'll be talking to ya soon.

sKally

• Gayle
    Gayle

Strange,,,just that picture on that Awake somehow gives me the creeps.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So it was deny deny deny and don't tell the rank and file until the day it became public. What a load of manure. Every JW I told about this knew absolutely nothing until now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit