What will it take to really change the WT Society?

by Mindchild 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

WooHoo!!! A lot of interesting posts here:-)

Some comments first to ashitaka, Prisca, princecharmant.

There is something positive about keeping your balance, enjoying your life, and helping people still in the Borg on an individual basis. Some people dedicate their lives to causes or crusades, others only give them passing thoughts. If you read my post carefully, you should be able to see that I'm not calling for a "Holy War" against the Witnesses, and trying to rally people for action. Indeed, the emergence of ex-JW's I make reference to has perhaps a completely different meaning than attacking the Witnesses. I hope to soon make a post or two to suggest a completely different strategy, but for the moment even if there were an organized group of individuals engaged in "war" with the Borg...what would they be doing? They can (and many individuals already have) show the Societies dirty laundry and lies; they can point out hypocritical actions the Witnesses engage in (like the UN scandal) and they can show the shameful levels of abuse (child abuse, pedophiles, etc.)that occur inside this organization. In effect, ex-Witnesses are like good news journalists and publish their results. That isn't exactly warfare is it?

Simon, when one person leaves and becomes shunned it does have an effect on others still inside and there may be a way to amplify that effect. However there is a more productive approach right now and you are contributing towards it by providing a location for fellowship and healing of those coming out. Celtic also mentions helping ex-dubs and I think this is an area where teamwork has a valuable place, because I really think a lot of people stay inside because they don't see any other option and are afraid to start their lives over again. If these individuals knew there was a way around this and once they got out, could have a better life, then this would be truly something positive.

Interesting thoughts Abaddon. I think there is validity to your points and that there are definite sociological and psychological factors that come into play with groups. We have clearly seen the phenomena of "group think" take place in the Watch Tower Society, for an example of that. We have also seen a decline in innovation displayed for dealing with problems and a retreat into conservitive thinking. Remember reading about how JW's used to preach? They wore huge posters, stood outside of churches and tried to pass out handbills to pissed off people coming out of church; they took record players with them door to door, and all that. Now they have been slowly dropping the hour standards and becoming more moderate. I think given enough time, your prediction would come true and internal forces would eventually mellow the Borg into just another religion. The wildcard though is the external forces at work.

I know of few, if any other religions, that have such a large and vocal group of external enemies as the Witnesses have. I've heard of some pissed of Mormons, and Scientologists but there is nothing I know of as large as the ex-JW movement. When that movement develops an effective strategy and enjoys emergence, then something amazing might happen.

Skipper

• battman
    battman

IMHO I think the change is already happening. The
    discovery and publishing of the UN incident and the
    very quick response of the GB is evidence of this.

Hopefully more will be divulged but the GB has to be
    pissing in there pants about what goes on here and
    the huge effect on everything they say, write and try
    to predict. They are the ones that are under the micro-
    scope both for everything they had ever said and, for
    sure, every word they ever write in the future.

Quite a shocking prospect for them knowing that we
    know what we do, are able to research to the final dot
    and then with the power of world wide, immediate, unrestricted,
    and FREE publishing empire (net) that we all contribute to,
    control and advertise, advertise, advertise on

The tables have turned and it will take time but will continue
    at an ever increasing pace until the WTS is totally generic,
    bland and very mainstream. ie: dead!!!.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Take out their printing facilities! LOL!

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit