A question for the Christians.

by BurnTheShips 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

So what's in store for me? Sorry darling I am a Christian also, But MY GOD >JESUS is going to look at your heart.. So I cant see yours you cant see mine lets leave that up to HIM

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Grace, you're a lovely, lovely lady. Would it be okay if I gently pressed you a little more on this? Jesus is supposed to separate the sheep from the goats right? And the goats get destroyed.

I am most definately a goat according to the criteria of the Bible, in fact according to 1st John 2:22 I'm part of the Antichrist! Does it not concern you to be sharing a conversation with me? Do you think it's right that Jesus will 'sort me out'?

Bleating Nic'

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dear Bleating Nic'.... You see even though I read the Bible I cant say I understand it all. Because I still believe men wrote most of it...( Sorry Bible believers). But you see when I cried out to God after losing my 3 kids, in death 1 to the WT ( & grandkids) & my hubby & most of my family...I only have one that talks to me now ( susie Q on here) I was so confused. But I did say "If your truly there GOD I am begging to know it." I was at a EX JW convention (PA) listening to many who now said they were born again. I thought they were all nuts.!!!!But because I was hurting so bad that is the prayer I said....You see I was bleating also, I had been a lost sheep. But I cannot explain it to you. Since then!!!! I have found a peace inside of me. It is as the bible explains it ( so who ever said that had wisdom)its not the peace we find some days & not others. It is an INSIDE peace. No matter what happens ( & Belive me a lot happens in my life) I KNOW I am unable to do anything about it. Its the Shepperd that heard my bleat....that takes it on!!! Maybe you will say that is "passing the buck" yes! I guess it is. but before I did that prayer I always felt like I had to "FIX it" I cant fix a ruddy thing. When tragic things has happened to me it devasted me.(before that prayer) but now I rest in Him---- It is like the WIND!! You cant see it but that is how I consider the HOLY SPIRIT which in MY new life is a TEACHER.... I KNOW this wont answer your Questions. But it is all I know & so help me GOD it is MY truth...I believe Jesus is the WAY!TRUTH! LIFE Only no other way....

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Moved and humbled to read such a hearfelt response. I'm happy that your faith provides you with the peace you deserve Grace and I hope you will always draw comfort from your relationship with Christ.

I hope you will always feel comfortable sharing a conversation with this godless man, I know that I am blessed to have crossed your path.

Nic'

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Nicolau,

That does not mean that God cannot choose to save someone who is unable in conscience to believe God exists but lives as best he can according to the knowledge he does have.

Gaudium et Spes, a document of the Second Vatican Council, stated about atheism:

Undeniably, those who willfully shut out God from their hearts and try to dodge religious questions are not following the dictates of their consciences, and hence are not free of blame; yet believers themselves frequently bear some responsibility for this situation. For, taken as a whole, atheism is not a spontaneous development but stems from a variety of causes, including a critical reaction against religious beliefs, and in some places against the Christian religion in particular. Hence believers can have more than a little to do with the birth of atheism. To the extent that they neglect their own training in the faith, or teach erroneous doctrine, or are deficient in their religious, moral, or social life, they must be said to conceal rather than reveal the authentic face of God and religion (GS 19).

This section implies that the culpability for atheism is not necessarily entirely the individual atheist's. To the extent that belief in God has been made impossible for him by others, there may be some mitigation for his culpability for unbelief. For the atheist , ultimately we must trust that even he too is not beyond the reach of God's mercy if he strives to live morally.

The second great commandment is love of neighbor and Christ said of those who serve others, even if they do not explicitly do it for Christ's own sake:

Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?" And the King will answer them, "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me" (Matt. 25:37-40).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit