A question for the Christians.

by BurnTheShips 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I think that for Christians there are two ways of viewing the religious history of the world.

1) That God has always tried to reveal Himself to all peoples, and that people have understood Him imperfectly at different times, until He revealed Himself perfectly in His Son. All religions have prophecies that point to similar ideas about God because He has tried to speak to them and they have tried to seek Him. The human spirit is designed to seek certain symbolic ways of representing the divine, and, while God has placed limits on these to avoid us worshipping the representation instead of the reality, common religious rituals and symbolism can be understood by looking at the psychology of the human mind that God created in all of us.

2) (The basiC JW view) That God only ever spoke to Moses, Jesus, St Paul etc. That every other religion are worshipping gods that are really different images of the devil. All religions have prophecies that point to similar ideas about God because the devil is so good at mimicking God to draw people away from Him. God has left this tiny number of witnesses in the world, and is content to let the devil control all of the other world religions, and to let him successfully deceive people who earnestly desire to serve God devoutly into devil worship so they get sent to hell.

I know which version of events I'd go with. How about you?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Niether. Bible god who has such a difficulty in showing himself. Jesus, the socalled image of god, or god incarnate (depending on the religion) appears to be the best that he can do. Yet, that he existed is questionable. Even if he did actually exist, and was god incarnated, why limit these appearances to only one time? Why not have a continuous presence? I know, christians claim that he doesn't have to cuz christians have his spirit and power and whatnot. However, christians are just ordinary people, like all others. Really, bible god needs to pull himself together much more solidly, so that we don't have all these excuses to not believe in him.

S

• justhuman
    justhuman

I believe God is Love no matter what religion you are...as long as you hold a pure heart for God is okey

• jgnat
    jgnat

Only two?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I vote for a 3rd category that is similar to #2. I dont believe my church is the only true one though, in fact I dont believe in any one true church, neither does my church, and that is why I love them so much. I believe in a personal relationship with Jesus, and it isnt dependent on your church affiliation.

• mouthy
    mouthy

me too JG>I believe in a personal relationship with Jesus, and it isnt dependent on your church affiliation

• Kirk
    Kirk

Amen! to what JG and Mouthy said, It's all about JESUS.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Only two?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

For those of you who have this personal relationship with Jesus. What situation would someone like me find myself in come Judgement Day, or Armageddon if you still believe in it?

After leaving the Watchtower I still used to worship god and follow Christ's example. I called myself a Christian for quite a few years but finally I put all my faith to one side and have never looked back. Without doubt I will NEVER return to Christ.

So what's in store for me?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wish I had a clue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit