Celebrating Thanksgiving..how to get your JW relatives to celebrate!!!

by Lady Liberty 14 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Every year at ThanksGiving..Jehovah`s Witness`s all over North America..Have a "It`s not a ThanksGiving Turkey dinner!",turkey dinner.......To officially make it a "It`s not a ThanksGiving Turkey Dinner!",turkey dinner..You must talk about why it`s Not a "ThanksGiving

My family was more strict than that. We never did anything that could be construed as Thanksgiving related. My mom refused to serve turky anytime in November through the first of the year just so no one would think we were compromising.

It wasn't until I got married and my wife's JW family would buy ham and turkey and cook it up on Thanksgiving day as would any other "normal" family. Since my wife's parents house was the biggest in their family, they ended up hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the entire extended family, JW or non-JW. It was quite the surreal experience after growing up being locked up in our house on that day for all those years, avoiding contact with all humans, eating soup and sandwiches.

• blondie
    blondie

It amazes me that jws go over to each other's house on Thanksgiving and have a meal but refuse to go to a meal at a relatives house. How hypocritical and definitely not a "good witness" to the nonjw relatives. But jws live in lala land and twist situations to be able to deal with the cognizant dissonance.

• bite me
    bite me

Cute link here...another reason to be thankful, especially for this little guy.

http://www.wackynutz.com/turkeyprayer.html

• macphee
    macphee

Thanks for reply on my post about my Mom hittin the Dunk Tank !

I like what you say here being that my Mom had told me about something called the memorial which she drove on a bus to for like 2 days.

Anyway if i see her tomorrow on Turkey day i will use this. I am printing now so I don't mess it up...

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Thanks for reply on my post about my Mom hittin the Dunk Tank !

I like what you say here being that my Mom had told me about something called the memorial which she drove on a bus to for like 2 days.

Anyway if i see her tomorrow on Turkey day i will use this. I am printing now so I don't mess it up...

Dear Macphee,

Keep us posted how it goes with your mom!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit