Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrates Thanksgiving

by Wordly Andre 22 Replies latest jw friends

• do_the_berean
    do_the_berean

Hey Gang. New here.

I just heard, mere moments ago from the lips of a life-long Witness that Thanksgiving supposedly has some roots in paganism and that she "has a sheet" she can show me that will explain everything (Gol! Don't they always have a sheet?). Anyone ever heard about this?

DTB

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

as the Dreamer Dreaming and the Generator Of Dreams or GOD, I can only say.... for all your thanks... you are welcome (^_^)

• Yankee Rebel
    Yankee Rebel

This past Christmas my family was getting together for a typical American Christmas Day food and presents ect. (of course, Non-JW) There must have been two dozen family members there. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door...you guessed. JW's wanting to talk to someone about the Bible...on Christmas Day. How rude is that? They knew it was Christmas. They knew it was a large family gathering. Did they really think that we would stop everything, listen to them, and through away all the food, presents and decorations right then and there? "Sorry Kids...we've had a change of heart." Obviously, those JW's were out on that particular day to fulfill their self image of "being a good Christian" and i'm sure they went to bed that night felling better about themselves, feeling better than all those 'pagans' they so desperately tried to help. YR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit