MINIMUS CONDUCTS THE WATCHTOWER!

by WT Comments 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Onacruse, yeah, ok. I know you were formerly a moderator and you just needed to share your experience with us. Well thanks for clarifying why you made your post. It's real clear now.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

V / WT. Comments. You do realize that Minimus has to go over all the Watchtower questions first before he starts to conduct. Then he will change those questions into the kind of unique questions that he always asks here on JWD. Minimus is the great questionnaire. The Watchtower can't hold a candle to him when it comes to questions. The meat of the Watchtower study is in the questions.

Mimimus will ask the real questions, get to the real meat, that will penetrate the lies in the normal Watchtower study.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

You know, I used to HATE conducting the WT. I'll tellya why. I'd forget people's names and therefore would tend to pick the ones I easily remembered. Some would say after the meeting, "Is there any reason that you'd look right at me when I had my hand up and called So-And-So again??" When I'd explain that my nervousness would come out by my forgetting, they were very forgiving. I started to use a cheat sheet to try not to slight anyone.

I'd rather have given a Public Talk any day.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    V, I have nothing to square with you or anybody else about this, and I didn't suggest that you were guilty of having a hidden agenda: I merely stated it as a matter of experience, with the intent of possibly informing new members as to why the IP addressess were initiated in the first place, and what JWD policy is regarding having multiple accounts.

Ona: You're quite right, of course.

I know you were formerly a moderator and you just needed to share your experience with us.

Was that necessary?

Actually the alias "WT Comments" is a collaborative identity. You can square that with Blondie, elsewhere, and Simon if you wish.

Huh? Since when? I've closed it for breaking forum rules.

• Simon
    Simon

V

Actually the alias "WT Comments" is a collaborative identity. You can square that with Blondie, elsewhere, and Simon if you wish.

No hidden agendas. I hope that answers your concern.

onacruse

V, I have nothing to square with you or anybody else about this, and I didn't suggest that you were guilty of having a hidden agenda: I merely stated it as a matter of experience, with the intent of possibly informing new members as to why the IP addressess were initiated in the first place, and what JWD policy is regarding having multiple accounts.

V (from another topic)

On Wednesday last a promotional thread for WT Comments went horribly sour when a moderator locked the alias WT Comments.

This comes at a time when the Watchtower is about to submerge from public view with the "Study Edition" (for active JWs only).

Now I will not beat around the bush here. I am an active JW with two accounts, "V" and "WT Comments". I put too much of my personal time into this effort while risking my status IRL. To my knowledge there is no one else here on JWD committed to providing WT content, posting the comments, maintaining web content on an ongoing basis. (See WT Comments online here.) This is my labour of love that I continue, based on Blondie's work.

I am so grateful that V (WT Comments) has been able to continue my Comments that I discontinued due to my serious liver illness. V had assisted me for many months providing the scanned material so I did not have to type every word of the article, saving me time and energy. Now he continues with my support. I think he has been doing a good job and I'm a little jealous of all the technological improvements.

It looks like I will have difficulty getting the hard copies of the 2008 study articles so it is a hidden blessing that he took over since he does have access to that material.

Love, Blondie (link)

What I am asking you is to post your support for WT Comments. There are strategic reasons for maintaining a separate indentity. It is a fact that Simon had full disclosure that this was the case before WT Comments was launched.

Yes, these does bend the rules--but can we forego this in the circumstances?

I can just hear the boys at Bethel snickering about this. Don't let them win. Unite!

V. You seem to be trying to give the impression that you asked to be able to use a duplicate account that is shared by a group of people and that I specifically authorised this.

I don't recall ever doing any such thing. In fact, looking through the PMs you sent me the only admission about having this shared account was *after* this topic was locked.

We have ruled about duplicate accounts for a reason and I do not see any need to have this changed. This applies even more to any kind of shared accounts.

Anyone is free to post whatever comments they like but should do so onder their own accounts - I think people should at least have an idea of who is posting things. Blondie has posted these for many years under her own identity and people can build up a level of trust in what she has to say. There is a big danger that a shared account will lead to issues in the future that I would rather avoid at the outset - I just don't think it actually serves any purpose whatsoever.

As for the organised weekly study ... well, for me it sounds just like the WT and brings back bad memories!

• minimus
    minimus

Since I don't recieve a Watchtower mag any longer, I have appreciated the review as well as the actual Watchtower being provided online. I hope the WT. can be presented here continuously.

• Simon
    Simon
    Since I don't recieve a Watchtower mag any longer, I have appreciated the review as well as the actual Watchtower being provided online. I hope the WT. can be presented here continuously.

I agree. I don't see any reason that people cannot continue the commentary that Blondie started and continued for a long time. I personally don't think a rigid schedule or copying the whole WTS lingo and behavior ('weekly study', 'visiting speakers' etc...) is a good idea though. Also, it's ok to post analysis and commentary on things but the WTS could pull the copyright card if the whole articles are posted verbatim.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Brother v places songbooks, bibles etc on the first two rows, in an attempt to save those seats for purported friends, family, relatives, pets and cooler. Ms's move in and remove said articles on all accept one seat.

S, hanging out in the foyer

• minimus
    minimus

Simon, posting the WT.study WITH commentary would not be a violation of copyright laws, right?

• V
    V

For the greater good, let's get this party started.

ADDED: Unbelievable! Even V is locked for creating new topics!! Will someone release this account??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit