Why does the WT society not open its own non blood hospitals?

by Gill 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Downunder the Australia Branch has recommended this hospital in Western Australia for bloodless surgery: http://www.fhhs.health.wa.gov.au/services/default.aspx?SiteID=4

They have even supplied BOEs in Australia with hospital brochures for distribution to the R&F !

• avengers
    avengers

The Muslims are setting up a hospital for Muslims here in the Netherlands. Guess they're not much different than the WT.

Andy.

ps.

Hey Oz. Still looking forward to having a beer together. lol

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Andy,

Me too. Mooi

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

I have a strong feeling that if they opened a JW run and staffed hospital that there would be permanent vacancies for skilled professionals (ie doctors, qualified nurses, physiotherapists, counsellors etc).

However when they advertise for cleaners, nursing assistants, unskilled painters and decorators and gardners they would be overflowing with applications.

I am also guessing that they wouldn't much difficulty filling vacancies in their legal department! But I would recommend that they book a slot at the High Court on standing weekly basis for all those court orders that are going to be needed. Court orders would be needed not to ensure that a refusing patient gets treatment, but to ensure that the medical team give the treatment in the first place.

Also - the hospital would have to be closed two evenings a weekend, and every Sunday morning. Also it would close every memorial night, circuit assembly and district assembly weekend. Also every Wednesday morning for 3 hours and Saturday morning for 3 hours to ensure that all the JWs get to go out in the ministry.

And before the patients are allowed to eat their meals a prayer must be said. This is going to cause them extreme difficulty - will they have a prayer said for each individual patient? Will they expect every patient to attend the main hall in the hospital for the prayer? Or will they run a tannoy system so that the prayer can be heard across the hospital? And what happens if a patient is undergoing surgery at the time of the prayer? Will every member of the surgical team be required to close their eyes and stop operating for the duration of the prayer?

Oh the difficulties!!!!!

I am guessing that, on balance, and for the safety of all concerned, they had better not open a hospital!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit