Why does the WT society not open its own non blood hospitals?

by Gill 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

It could be run privately. They could have ONLY JW doctors and JW patients who would have to PAY, of course!

It would probably end up being like how they have the world wide building fund, the contributions for building "your local Kingdom Hall," and the society's loan for building the kingdom hall, that they own anyway. So, a bill times 3?

You might have just invented a "new" racket for them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Why does the WT society not open its own non blood hospitals?

Because they are too busy selling books.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

One word - lawsuits.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Money...besides "waiting on Jehovah" is a pretty frugal economic stratagy.

~Hill

• yknot
    yknot

Because in the parable about the goats and sheep, the ones the sheep care for are the FDS.

• freeme
    freeme

a) it costs money and doesnt really help in getting more members (not enough bang for the money)
    b) there are not many jw surgeons outthere. and those who would do it should spent their time in ministry.
    c) ministry is more important than saving ones life temporarily.
    d) jws would study medicine to work there. going to university is no good for a jw... jw shouldnt be educated but busy in ministry, ministry, ministry!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

One more word - JHACO!

GentlyFeral

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

It could be run privately. They could have ONLY JW doctors and JW patients who would have to PAY, of course!

Where would they get the doctors from? Remember, it takes years of advanced education to become a medical doctor. And as for the patients, how are "window washers" supposed to pay for such treatments when they may not even have insurance!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

In fact, they do work closely with Bloodless Centers.

The Center for Bloodless Medicine & Surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital

http://pennhealth.com/bloodless/

• justhuman
    justhuman

Actually they like to invest their money in land properties, and warfare technologies that gives much more money. Besides WT leaves for the goverments, other religious group that usually accuses them(specially Catholic Church)that they don't care about the spiritual wellfare of their flock!!!

Well Babylon the Great at least is building hospitals, schools, donates money for the orphans, houses for the elderly people. What really makes me mad is specially when I used to listen to JW's condemning the other Churches. I recall one day when the Orthodox Archibishop of my country said that the Church will build a new center for those who have drag problems and addiction in order to overcome their problem. Also he said that they will build a sports center for the young ones in order to keep them occupied with sports so that they will not get into drugs.

So JW's started to accuse him, so I got angry and I asked them what about WT? When did they build a hospital, or helped others? Is better to see what we are doing for others as an organization instead of accusing other religions. To critisize them is easy.

Besides WT does not have any educated people to run a non blood hospital, since they are against education. Also they prefer the "worldly hospitals" because they have the chance to say that they are persecuted from the world when it is a case of life and dead decision.

At the end of the day WT needs this wicked system in order to exist!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit