Life is Short...and you ain't gettin' any Younger!

by Magick 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

What Ken said!

------------------------------------------------------$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

~Merry

• mouthy
    mouthy

What's keeping you from doing it? OLD AGE!!!!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Arriving too late is a de ja vous that I have unintentionally made a way of life!

• silkribbon
    silkribbon

when 1975 didn't happen I thought I need a better job with a pension. I went to work at the phone co. The last time I stepped foot in a hall was when a sister asked me where I had been. I said I got a job at phone co.and as an operator had to work crazy hours. She said you can't do that and miss meetings. I said when the JWS help me to pay car ins. and put tires on my car and help me out they cannot tell me where to work. That was the last time and no one bothered me ever. I then had money to travel and visit my family on the east coast. I made many friends at work and life was great. I have been collecting my pension since 1991 and Social Security since 1992. I hate to think what I would have if I kept a low paying job. I had been making $2.50 an hr and started at phone co at $4.00 an hr. I thought I was rich and in 6 months received #1.16 raise. Plus I had medical ins. The biggest thing was I found the real truth and found Jesus Christ and have a personal relationship with him. Life was Beautiful Audrey

• dinah
    dinah

Silkribbon,

If more people who answer "Are you going to help me pay my bills?" They would probably shut up about that guilt trip of missing meetings. What do they think money falls from heaven?

Put that together with the service industry being the only place to find jobs, alot of folks are working nights and weekends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit