If You're Annointed and You Know It Clap Your Hands...

by VoidEater 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

OK...I see there are a fair number of posters here that have a "heavenly hope"...

I can't help but wonder - what would it be like if a group of Annointed (those that know in their hearts they will be resurrected to Heaven) were to step up to the WBTS, claim the authority the society vests in them as the true intermediaries between the Great Crowd and Jesus, and try to give input to the GB?

How could the GB posisbly say they are not part of the FDS? I suppose they would just paint everyone with the apostasy brush - "because I say they are and they disagree with me" - but wouldn't it be a marvel to see a group come forward to assert the authority and responsibility the GB says is vested in the FDS?

• crazyblondeb
  • destructo-girl
    destructo-girl

Funny, I was wondering that just the other day. I never really understood properly the whole Faithful & Discreet Slave thing. So if someone considers themselves as annointed, do they have authority, are they allowed in the GB? I dunno, it's late and I'm tired. I'll be interested in others opinions on this subject. :)

• BrentR
    BrentR

I was expecting some new lyrics to that catchy little kids song.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Oh! Sorry, Brent, here you go:

If you're Annointed and you know it clap your hands

If you're Annointed and you know it and your GB's really blown it

...that's all I know, though... -ve

• R.F.
    R.F.

I can't help but wonder - what would it be like if a group of Annointed (those that know in their hearts they will be resurrected to Heaven) were to step up to the WBTS, claim the authority the society vests in them as the true intermediaries between the Great Crowd and Jesus, and try to give input to the GB?

If they happened to be JWs, you can be sure that the GB would see to it that such ones are axed from the Borg. The GB, in their own eyes, are the ultimate human authority on earth, as they teach that they are the only ones that are backed by Jesus Christ. Anyone that challenges the GB would be viewed as apostates for sure.

A group that's not affilliated with the WTS at all that approaches the GB in this way wouldn't be given the time of day.

R.F.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I am clappin my hands now.

And oh yeaah if a bunch of annointed went to the GB and at all they would have you tie you up to the mangler sheet folder they use in Bethel.

• freyd
    freyd

If they are anointed they will find who the real Wise and Faithful Servant was and realize that you can't put new wine into old wine skins.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

All of the baloney with the GB will be taken care of, there really is no sense in getting all up in a froth over anything, Christ knows who his sheep are just keep praying you don''t need the GB to pray.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember one brother that partook of the emblems every year. It was like a hightlight of the evening to sit where I could see Paul eat and drink..... but he wasn't an elder or ms. never went out in service, rarely answered questions.

then slowly he faded away. As an adult, in my 20's, he ended up working at the same place I did. He was in the security department, and often sitting at the front desk when I walked in to work. I always wanted to ask him, if he remembered me, and what happened. but never did.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit