Secret Santa: Your Special Connections

by Nosferatu 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I thought this might be a good idea this year. Many of us work for certain companies and can get great discounts on certain items. Others (like me) have good connections to get certain items that others might not have access to.

Please post what your special connections are! It may help give ideas to those who are making their SS wish lists.

For example: I have some really good connections to get rare and out of print albums, especially children's albums. I can also convert LP, cassette, 8-track, and Reels to CD so if I find an album you're looking for on a different format, I can convert it to CD. So go ahead and list those albums you haven't heard in 20+ years!

Also, if this idea is crap, then feel free to let this post fade into the JWD past :)

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Good idea! I'm totally un-connected though...

GGG

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I can get cheap Bibles!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    I can get cheap Bibles!

Off topic but...

Do you know of a pocket sized NCV or CEV ? Ta oh... you wouldn't want anything that I can get cheap
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Do you know of a pocket sized NCV or CEV ?

CEV is highly unlikely - it looks as though that translation is gone (been looking for a normal size one for a customer and can't get any). The NCV I can check out when I go to work tomorrow - you do know that translation is aimed more at children/youth though so it might be a kiddies Bible?! Um yep, I'll pass on what you can get cheap too lol!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    CEV is highly unlikely - it looks as though that translation is gone (been looking for a normal size one for a customer and can't get any). The NCV I can check out when I go to work tomorrow - you do know that translation is aimed more at children/youth though so it might be a kiddies Bible?! Um yep, I'll pass on what you can get cheap too lol!

I have some CEVs and NCVs, but a smaller one would be good. Amazon had faux leather bound CEVs for £ 1 recently.

I also have a bright green NCV aimed at "da yoof market" but there are some more "mature looking" ones about.

It helped me win some points with a JW in a recent debate

Maybe best to keep my cheap stuff under wraps

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Orthopaedic Bracing and Suppoorts.

CTi Ligament & MX Knees and Wrists.

-Aude.

www.ossur.com

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Nos, this is a good idea.

I sell home made soap, bath salts, bath bombs-fizzies, lipbalm, body and foot balm, salt scrubs, coffee scrubs, sugar scrubs, massage oils, aromatherapy and essential oils.

(If this violates rules, I have no problem with taking it down)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

massage supplies - massage oil, essential oils, scrubs, seaweed, clay, bindi oil, that kind of thing

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I can get hold of some interesting stuff in my town, at what I'm told are reasonable prices. I'd be breaking Federal law, however, if I tried to mail it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit