"Is it the high cost of living or the cost of living high?" from the CO

by restrangled 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

You're right, it's just sickening. My mom was saying years ago, 'How come both a husband and wife have to work? It's because they want it all and they don't want to pioneer!" Now that she's even more out of touch. . . she said that to me the last time we talked, 2 years ago, said it's a shame that I have to work when I have a husband! F her. F them all. They're just plain mean.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Oh hey, I remember now, when I was a pioneer and didn't work, I'd take my husband to work in the morning, then go out in service (a.k.a. drive around all day wasting time and resources) in our '69 El Camino. Elders cornered us at least at 2 meetings, to complain that our car was too loud.

We were doing our best, thought we were doing the RIGHT thing. We kept going for years becoming more hurt and disillusioned.

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Some of the CO's are backed up by wealthy families, and some get by with the Society's provisions. One CO brother told me that they don't have any money worries. Some of the Bethelites have the same mentality, because they have everything provided for. Think about it, laundry, cleaning, car maintenance all provided for. Some have the fear of coming back to the real world if they had to. I know of some that could retire from Bethel, are afraid to do so. What scares them is the cost of appartments, automobiles, food, and all the expenses that come with the 'cost of living'.

Once I heard a comment from a CO's wife made. She said "Another day, another dollar made" when she was out in service. She was refering to what the Society paid her, and husband to go out in the service. I tried to correct her and say that the min wage was more than a Dollar. She disagreed, and said in her case it's still a dollar. They didn't last long in the Circuit work. I admire the sacrifices that such ones make. I also admire the ones that are full time sevice. I don't admire the ones that judge others though. My wife and I have pioneered for many years, and know what it means to start over in life when children arrive. We were judged wrongly when we moved away from a territory that was needy, but not a safe place to raise children. Some just don't get it. That's called ignorance.

• rose petal
    rose petal

I know my ex & I were frowned upon because of my working, but he spent money faster than I could make it!

rose petal

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Yeah, I am paying for it! Though, I would any how; do to family issues. I still can't find a job that pays the bills, and I am about to give up and move to a place where it's cheaper to live.

Really? In light of the following post: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/143724/2584830/post.ashx#2584830 How could you possibly find a cheaper place to live?

• blondie
    blondie

What is living high? Compared to most 3rd world countries, people in the US, Europe, Australia, UK, etc., are living high. Would the CO be willing to use public transportation, bicycles, and walking as they do in Africa. I remember an experience of a DO and his wife walking 60 miles to a convention in Africa. Can you think of any DO in the US that would do that? Just think of all the money that would be saved if the WTS/rank and file didn't underwrite their vehicles?

*** w98 3/1 p. 19 par. 18 Appreciating Christian Gatherings ***In less affluent parts of the earth, many of our brothers and sisters set a fine example of appreciation for Christian gatherings. In Mozambique it took a district overseer, Orlando, and his wife, Amélia, 45 hours to walk some 55 miles [90km] over a high mountain to serve an assembly. Then they had to make the same trip back to serve the next assembly. Orlando modestly reported: "We felt that we had done nothing when we met up with the brothers from the Bawa Congregation. To attend the assembly and return to their homes involved a six-day journey of about 250 miles [400km] on foot, and among them was a brother 60 years old!"

• Scully
    Scully

Typical. The jerk that complains the loudest is the one that gets his entire lifestyle subsidized by the rank-and-file. I wonder if this is the same CO who has $88/month satellite TV in the KH apartment that he gets for free.

It's a shame they don't realize that there is a huge financial difference between "living" and "surviving". Of course, they wouldn't since everything is given to them thanks to the generosity of those to whom he's giving a verbal beat-down.

On a positive note, when the WTS instructs them to address congregations in this manner, it is clear that Voluntary Donations™ are at another all time low.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

CO's, DO"s, GB members, and a few other elite Jw's have no room to make such comments. Every possible need is taken care of for them. They live on a form of 'Theocratic Welfare' in the western lands. Cars, food, insurance, housing, fuel, and all other 'sundry' items [I used to love that line item on the CO's submission for reimbursement] are paid for by the Watchtower drones.

I never met a CO who didn't drive a nicer car than mine, eat better meals than mine, wear nicer suits than mine, live in accomodations at least as good as most, often better.

I once knew a brother who owned a janitorial business in Texas who asked the CO if he wanted to 'earn some money' while in town by stripping and waxing some floors on Sunday Night before he headed to work again on Tuesday. The offer was declined he told me. Big surprise there.

Jeff

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As I see it, they ask too much. People are supposed to spend money that isn't there. They feel that having the bare necessities is enough: having a run-down dump in a rotten neighborhood, eating Ramen noodles all the time, and driving a jalopy (that has to miraculously repair itself) is good enough. And they are supposed to put the imagined money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund (a good place for those Zero Dollar Bills and Void Checks).

Someone ought to tell that hounder-hounder that money does not grow on trees. They are not living high just because they have a decent place to live in and a decent car to drive. Is Ted Jaracz living like he wants the average Witless to? I doubt it. I doubt that he would live in a dump in a bad neighborhood, drive a jalopy, and endure the houndings that he needs to improve his accomodations while being derided for attempting to make money to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit