"Is it the high cost of living or the cost of living high?" from the CO

by restrangled 18 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

My mom at 73 is full time pioneering and complaining that many days a week the young couples never show up. She describes them as having new cars, big houses, and having to both work to maintain their lifestyles.

She mentioned the above statement from the latest CO to the congregation.

OH REALLY......!

I said to her, well none of these people were allowed to get college educations and they are probably earning 10.00 an hour max which goes nowhere. Filling a gas tank at 3.00 a gallon cost $40.00 to $60.00.

They need that to get to work, they then have to pay for food and housing.

I am beginning to see it is the older retired people living off of retirement funds, and the big shots in the program supported by everyone else making these statements.

Very sickening in my opinion.

r.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Is it high living to want a roof over your head that doesn't leak and decent transportation? If you're working for $, you aren't making money for WTS.

• 5go
    5go

Yeah, I am paying for it! Though, I would any how; do to family issues. I still can't find a job that pays the bills, and I am about to give up and move to a place where it's cheaper to live.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I wonder how "High" the Co is living off everyone else's hard earned dollar.

This comment makes me so sick I could barely hold back.

r.

• juni
    juni

I remember that cliche R from years ago....

there are those so out of touch w/the realities of life and then have the audacity to push their personal opinions on others as God's acceptable way for living. This mentality starts at the top in the organization and works its way down to individuals in the congregation.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

What a dumb "Animal Farm" (all are equal, but some are more equal than others), Pharasaical (do as I say, but not as I do) attitude! Where do they ever get the idea that living hand to mouth makes you more "spiritual" or righteous? Makes me wonder whether that CO even has to work to earn his living.

• llbh
    llbh

My JW wife's cong has just had co visit so I know where ur coming from. I always wondered how they had a new car & I had a bike. Mind u I do think their wives have a hard time with itinerant lifestyle

llbh

• restrangled
    restrangled

I thought this was kind of hilareous, being repeated from my own mom. She lives frugally but in a high end situation.

Brand new 2000 square foot house paid for, decorated beautifully, and a new 2005 top end 4 door Honda paid for. Enough extra cash to send the Society a sickening amount, etc. etc. etc.

I do not fault her these advantages, ...my parents were frugal but not cheap through the years. My father worked hard to fill the bank accounts. But by god, don't critisize others for needing a roof over their heads, a decent vehicle to get to work in, and trying to take care of and pay for kids etc., in this day and age. This is not the 1950's. Things don't and won't work the same!

It costs a fortune to survive now.

r.

• llbh
    llbh

Funny my wife and I were told by older ones, when new in wts to be frugal and pioneer - we did - had kids later last one when I was 40!!!!. Yet some had lovely cars, houses and Kids, Sad but my JW wife has not figured this out yet

llbh

• JK666
    JK666

Most members of the congregation cannot afford a new Buick like the ones provided for CO's. I wonder what he would think if he had to get a REAL job.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit