Pioneer Heavy at the Top

by OnTheWayOut 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

I just wanted to say "MONEY" again. Wow!! That felt good.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Elders are the middle managers at the congregation. They carry out the orders
    from above. Pioneers might be below that in privilege and information, but the
    organization places a burden on any that want to get above middle manager to
    become a pioneer.

That makes everyone above elder think a certain way.

• minimus
    minimus

People who relish titles such as "Pioneer" have nothing else going for them. It defines who they are. It makes them feel "special".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    blah, they want the hours not the spirit.

So you can imagine the kudos for a pioneer elder whose family pioneers
    especially if he is the service overseer in a pioneer-heavy congregation.

The pioneer-heavy headquarters just eats that up.

The problem I see is that pioneers have been used up. They are now a
    burden on the WT society. They offer literature but donate little money
    (they have little money). The literature is offered with little return from
    the public (all donations is not working). But the WTS is run by
    pioneers who think everyone should be a pioneer.

Some thoughts on that?
    Mine is that the product will continue to be offered so that they can
    force people to pioneer, but the product will get cheaper and cheaper.
    Meanwhile, the screws will be turned on the average dub to donate from
    his own pocket, regardless of the product. C.O. visits will stay plentiful.
    The upper-middle managers will carry the message that they need money
    for the lawsuits worldwide work. They will drop the call for pioneers in the
    literature, but continue it in the talks.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I am a little disappointed about this thread. I thought it was about good looking Pioneer sisters. But it is true I did know a few "Pioneer's" and by my standards they are odd ducks. They have never taken a reality check. GH

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Pioneers seemed to be either fakers, weirdos, or old. No one could be just a normal person/couple pioneering. The fakers would go out a few times a month yet still be on the list. There were plenty of weirdos....older, unattached men who worked odd hours (janitor/window washer/pool cleaner), and starving pioneers who get their regular handouts like alimony and disability to keep them going. If not those two categories, they'd be retired and having nothing better to do.

Our hall does have a regular pioneer elder with his extended pioneering family. The kids are frightfully sheltered; everyone else seems to be unnaturally preoccupied with fear of Satan and the deeeemunz. Sure enough, they had a D.A. part not too long ago.

• R.F.
    R.F.

You can see how this is going to cause the WTS to drag on with worn-out thinking
    and cause it's upper levels to stay HIGH AND MIGHTY and look down on the rest of
    them.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. That's alot of the reason that I beleive there won't be much change for the better withing the organisation. The HIGH AND MIGHTY thinking continues on, even among many JWs my age. Many of them possess this very attitude and have the feeling of superiority over others simply because they're pioneering while others aren't.

R.F.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Cash income is almost impossible to get taxed on.

A style of living that is above reported income is the only way the IRS can nail you. But when you live in a 26' trailer and all your food is provided and you vehicle and the associated repairs to much to follow as very little paper work.

Therefore you appear below the poverty level and no problem.

Question though what happens when you are to old to do the job? No living centers for the old DO's and CO's that I am aware of.

At least the catholics have homes for the old reprobates.

Ham

• Highlander
    Highlander

In my experience, only the pioneer/elders(or elders with pioneering wives) were allowed the 'priviledge' of giving parts at the conventions and assemblies. To be fair, I should mention that some of these elders were "part time pioneers", having applied and pioneered numerous times throughout their lives.

The only exceptions I've seen to this, were the wealthy elders that may have given some very healthy green hand shakes to COs and DOs.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Pioneer Heavy at the Top

I thought this thread was going to be about big chest pioneers.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit