I Come Bearing Gifts! Part 1 of 3

by Shepherd Book 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

An interesting paradox to refute evolutionary theory on the basis of it being too slow. It seems you have drawn your line in the sand for others to step over. I can see why you were compelled you to do so!

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks for sharing with us. I found it to be very interesting information and well worth the time to view

• seven006
    seven006

Ryan,

Excellent stuff and great job!

I always get a kick out of seeing the original dogma made up by a cult used to put them on the spot and maybe force their masses to think a little. The Internet is helping to expose the fact that all their spiritual food bullshit isn’t really chocolate pudding for the clueless and they should just shut up and eat it.

Just one question. You have done a lot of great personal eye opening research on biblical issues, how far are you willing to take it? Some who take it all the way can’t handle what they find.

Dave

• Satanus
    Satanus

I like the way you quote their own stuff back at them:

Additionally, I was always taught “The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much” (Luke 16:10). To that end, brothers in the congregation have seen fit to allow accuracy and precision to become a focal point in matters such as dress (e.g., men must wear ties when serving in any capacity at the meetings; women may only wear skirts or dresses) and grooming (e.g., men may not have beards or any body piercings). Despite the fact that the examples provided here have no scriptural basis, I have time and again seen such rules enforced as law under the sincere belief that, in behaving in such a manner, Witnesses are more accurate and precise in their worship to God. Surely, if such trivialities - modern-day equivalents of giving “the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin” (Matthew 23:23) – are touted as important, then how much more so attaining an accurate grasp on basic biblical teachings, especially those such as the Noachian Deluge!

---
    I listened/read all of that. Thanks so much.

S

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

I must admit, I opened this thread because of your name/avatar. I LOVE Firefly/Serenity!

However, I went to your website, read your letters and listened to your phone conversations, and I just want to tell you how well done it all is. Thank you for taking the time to painstakingly research all the material and making it available for all to read. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thanks everyone, I am glad that so many find it helpful / interesting. It was very cathartic for me. My wife (aka There ARe Four Lights) appreciates the compliments on the website design, as she is the supreme webmaster around the house here. Seven006-- You ask a good question. I would like to say: "I'm willing to take it as far as it will take me"! But, of course, I may reneg on that. But when it comes to the Watchtower Society, I am convinced that they are not God's channel here on Earth and, further, that they not only have made mistakes but have deliberately mislead. On the subject of God, I'm pretty sure that if he's out there, he's irrerelevant in my life (too many Richard Dawkins/Christopher Hitchens books, I guess). Satanus-- Yeah, I thought about that for a few weeks before replying. In order for me to reply to them, I first had to tackle their accusation that I was getting too nit-picky. I finally decided the best way to do that was to point out that they reign supreme in the nit-pick kingdom.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Bravo and well done!

What a contradictory nature of those that claim to be THE ONLY true spokesmen for God and continue to urge others to "make SURE of all things being taught"-----yet (unsuccessfully) dodge the bullet when confronted ON what "they" are teaching!

I enjoyed everything you presented.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit