Some "Upbuilding" Thoughts

by watson 8 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Oh....the mindset of some of the brethren. Your opinion? Something To Ponder Isn't it strange how a 100.00 dollar bill seems like such a large amount when you put it in the contribution box, but such a small amount when you go shopping?

Isn't it strange how 2 hours seem so long when you're at the meeting, and how short they seem when you're watching a good movie?

Isn't it strange that you can't find a word to say when you're praying, but you have no trouble thinking what to talk about with a friend?

Isn't it strange how difficult it is to read one chapter of the Bible, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a popular novel?

Isn't it strange how everyone wants front-row-tickets to concerts or games, but they do whatever is possible to sit in the back at meetings?
    Isn't it strange how we need to know about an event or special field service day for the congregation 2-3 weeks before the day so we can include it in our agenda, but we can adjust our agenda for other events in the last minute?

Isn't it strange how difficult it is to learn a fact about Jehovah God to share it with others, but how easy it is to learn, understand, extend and repeat gossip?

Isn't it strange how we believe everything that magazines and newspapers say but we sometimes question the words in the Bible?

Isn't it strange how everyone can't wait for Paradise, but they don't want to put in much effort to get there?

Isn't it strange how we send jokes in e-mails and they are forwarded right away, but when we are going to send messages about Jehovah, we think about it twice, and only select some in our friend list to share it with?

Let's try not to be so strange and send this to EVERYONE that you care about.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Very interesting points and from what I can read you either must still be an active witness or still believe in going to meeting, you have some very positive viewpoints and I agree on some of them

Isn't it strange how everyone can't wait for Paradise, but they don't want to put in much effort to get there?

We can work all day everyday and still wouldnt be worthy to be there no matter where is, that is what the Bible means it is a free gift that one cannnot earn or as Paul said, "that no flesh may boast".

have a great day and respectfully, abr

• zack
    zack

I used to think it all strange. Now I know why: I don't like smell of or care to investigate the taste of shit.

• watson
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Isn't it strange how 2 hours seem so long when you're at the meeting, and how short they seem when you're watching a good movie?

2 hours is a bit long for a movie. It's right at the limit. Something like "Titanic"
    or "The Sound of Music" is just toooooooooooooo long.

Isn't it strange how we believe everything that magazines and newspapers say but we sometimes question the words in the Bible?

We need to be skeptical of anything we read.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Isn't it strange how if your honest about your belief at a KH people may shun you? Isn't it strange how if you don't do as the crowd does people may judge you? Isn't it strange how Ray Franz wrote your divine literature? Isn't it strange how those who's lives your beliefs shunned have no voice from you that shows compassion? Isn't it strange how people isolated with no congregation or moral support are judged weak? Isn't it strange how those using their own god given mind choose not to knock on doors? Isn't it strange how you think you have Gods smile whilst others have his wrath? Isn't it strange how your view of the world is not gossip but truth? Isn't it strange how listening to others feelings helps you understand them? Isn't it strange how telling others your feelings helps them understand you?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Isnt it strange the comparisons that are made?

like apples to oranges

and the assumptions?

and the black and white thinking?

I am glad to be free of it ....thank you very much

purps

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can think of a few more. Songs on the radio average about 4 minutes (back in the 1980s and early 1990s, they peaked at more than 5 minutes per song). And a song that is much under 3 minutes is short. The Kingdumb Maladies are 2:38 in average length, and the ones that run 3 minutes and longer seem to take forever. The two that are more than 4 minutes are unbearably long. Yet I can listen to a worldly record lasting the same time, and it seems to be quick.

Anyone who thinks a day a$$embly is an awful long time to spend is right. Those 3- and 4-day a$$emblies seem to drag. But, I have been on a field trip to the Boston Museum of Science that lasted the length of a Big Boasting Session, and I had to actually walk the whole time to get to and around the exhibits. That was the shortest day I have ever had. I remember spending a whole week at Old Orchard Beach, waiting for the last day and the trip to Palace Playland. This was double the length of a Grand Boasting Session (at that, when I was much younger and thus time dragged more). That week seemed to slip by totally too quickly, in comparison to the weekends spent at the a$$emblies.

I have spent countless hours trying to repair a forum that had a crash (I was the administrator there). I had to learn how to work the administration panel and then to find out how to rebuild it. Even though the forum ultimately got taken down for cost/benefit reasons, I found it much more worthwhile to spend time trying to fix something of value than spending the same amount of time in field circus.

I have been to amusement parks and video arcades. I would have to walk to get there (about 5 miles each way) and then walk among the rides and games. And I would easily spend 5 hours or more there once I got there. I have spent that much time in a video arcade alone, much of that time playing one single game of Defender or Centipede. It didn't seem that long. That much time spent in field circus seemed interminable.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is true Gandelph the white that spending hours feeling like you are bleeding your soul dry is difficult enough, but when you think you are trying to convince others this is the best way to spend their lives is when you realize you may not be saving them but delivering them to a life of toil, worry and general unhappiness. So maybe you are now more in sync with life on Earth and realizing that's what you are anyhow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit