Why all the Testing?

by zack 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eclipse
    eclipse

Makes you wonder, how many times does god have to exterminate the majority of the earth's population (flood, impending armeggedon)

before god realizes that humans are his one huge mistake and that humans will never be perfect?

Perfectionist's are never satisfied, and are never happy.

The only way humans will attain perfection is if God goes back to the drawing board and creates in humans the inability to make mistakes.

Where is the logic in testing a flawed product? The chances of the product giving you a different result -perfect working condition

- is slim to none.

That's all based on the premise that god is real.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Here's another test...a blood test.

Since I lost my JW mom to this stupidity, this is a big issue for me. I was talking to one of my grown JW children, the only one who talks to me, about the New Light the WT has shined on fractions. The New Light Durable Power of Attorney had just come out and I wanted to encourage her to check all the boxes that would allow her to take these fractions.

I said, "Now that the GB says these fractions are OK...it's the best thing to do. I don't want to attend another funeral for you...over this issue,"

She said, "No, that's not what the GB said. They didn't say "it was OK", they said it was a "conscience matter". And we're supposed to have a strict conscience. And we know there's still a separating work -- even among the brothers & sisters."

"So, we think all these changes are a TEST. We think the original understanding is the correct one. So, I marked, "No Blood products of any kind on my No Blood Form."

Congratulations to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses ! You guys (and your lawyers) are some smart clever bastards ! Your fear-mongering, mind control works great. You've done a great job of keeping people on-the-edge-of-their-seats and off-balance. Even when forced by your lawyers to see impending liability, YOU STILL GET YOUR WAY.

You want need people to die for your beliefs and using their fear of you, representing their god -- they think the way you've worded the new Blood Card...is just another TEST.

Rabbit

• Carmel
    Carmel

Take the bible literally and you will be like the dog chasing its tail wordofancientphilosopher

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

It doesn't say that God created everything - or anything - perfect.

He created it very good - ie, how it was intended to be, 'perfectly flawed' if you like.

As for the testing, here's my take fwiw. I see the word within the definition of the metal refining process.

When a precious metal is being tested (ie refined) it is done in several stages. The ore is heated to exactly the right temperature (not tested beyond its "ability" or it will be destroyed) then the dross is drawn off. This process is repeated until all or most of the dross is removed - in OT times, until the refiner could see his face reflected in the molten metal - so if you believe in a God, you're becoming more like them (ie reflecting them), if you don't believe in God, becoming or developing into a better person through life experiences.

Does that make a bit more sense?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That testing limit to what you can bear is the biggest piece of hogwash in the Bible. It is an excuse for Almighty Baghead to test you as much as He damn well feels like, without regard for whether you can bear it without sustaining damage in the process or not. If He drags you through it, you damn well better be able to bear it or He will further punish you for embarrassing Him.

Then there really is no reason for the sorts of tests God puts people through. Starving them of affection from the opposite sex will not provide a true test if God meant for that person to ever have that affection, since anyone who passes that test would do poorly when the test concludes and things finally become normal. To me, that is no better than testing a plant that is going in a very hot place in the Arctic to see how well it does in the bitter cold, or a plant that is going in the rain forest in a desert to see how well it can take drought. Most, if not all, the tests are totally pointless and prove nothing.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

"So, we think all these changes are a TEST. We think the original understanding is the correct one. So, I marked, "No Blood products of any kind on my No Blood Form."

Hey Rabbit, my sister and your kids must be related because my sister told me the same idiotic thing around Jan 2006. At this time I was still very active (but knew something was up) and when I filled out my blood information, I basically said "do everything and give my anything short of whole blood to keep me alive". I sent my sister a copy of my paperwork, like we're supposed to do, and she was surprised and told me that her and her husband decided to the scriptural thing and abstain from all blood and I should do the same. I told her its a conscious matter and my conscious wants to live and her response, "No, a true christain would abstain from it all." Then I told her I was going to remove her as my contact person because it was obvious she would let me die needlessly due to her definition of a true christian.

Yep, they're all brainwashed! Its funny how I would hear people say that for years and always thought the problem was with everyone else and not the JWs.

• BIG D
    BIG D

hi shops, how are you tday?

big d

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I'm good. Thanks for asking.

• BIG D
    BIG D

good to hear from you, havent heard you in a while, have you been reading my posts?

i m still a newbie?

big d

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

shopaholic

I told her its a conscious matter and my conscious wants to live and her response, "No, a true christain would abstain from it all."

Sorry your relatives have the same blind-faith mindset as mine. They are so proud...of being so scared... of their Loving God.

I'm wondering...what happens after a JW signs the new Durable Power of Attorney...is there an expireation date ? I guess you could go demand the elders give you the original and destroy the copies. But, do the copies carry any weight if your unconscious and a bearer shows up at the hospital ?

Inquiring minds...anybody know ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit