All Scripture

by LtCmd.Lore 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

hold on, I accidentally sent it too early

Edited again to add: Meh, nevermind. This was going to be a big long rant about how pathetic the "All Scriptures Inspired" book is. But it's late, and I got bored.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You talking about Revelation? Hey Jehovah, if you send any more advice do you think you could email us all in words that fit our academic abilities coz all these would be lecturers sure do have different ideas on everything!

• Magick
    Magick
    hold on, I accidentally sent it too early

lore,

you needn't be embarrassed...i've heard that premature posting happens alot.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Accidental blank posts happen when you hit Enter while the cursor is in the Subject area. If you hit Enter without putting the cursor in the post box, it will post blank. It will also post if you hit Enter after the cursor puts itself in the Subject box.

As for the Scripture book, it is pathetic. Like the Reasoning book, it is an attempt to fit all the scriptures into the Watchtower doctrine. It also has specious reasoning for deletion of all the books that were part of the original Bible but were deleted by St Augustine.

This little book is quite weak. It uses specific Scriptures and specious reasoning why it means that we are supposed to go out in field circus all the time, go to all those boasting sessions, and miss out on all the fun in the world. Some are well known (Hebrews is famous for that line about meetings, and James is famous for its line on faith without works). But, they tie in every single book to the Watchtower doctrine. Notably, the original edition was printed shortly after the tampered-with New World Translation. Thus, I have reason to believe that the book is an attempt to go along with the alterations in the Bible itself and back up the pathetic doctrines.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

This book was published in 1963. My favorite statement is in the chapter "Measuring Events in the Stream of Time." After giving a detailed chronology from Adam's creation (supposedly 4026 B.C.E.) down to the year 1963, it asks: "Does this mean, then that by 1963 we had progressed 5,988 years into the 'day' on which Jehovah 'has been resting from all his work'? No, for the creation of Adam does not correspond with the beginning of Jehovah's rest day. Following Adam's creation, and still within the sixth creative day, Jehovah appears to have been forming further animal and bird creations. Also he had Adam name the animals, which would take some time, and he proceeded to create Eve. Whatever time elapsed between Adam's creation and the end of the 'sixth day' must be subtracted from the 5,988 years in order to give the actual length of time from the beginning of the 'seventh day' until [1963]. It does no good to use Bible chronology for speculating on dates that are still future in the stream of time."

Only three years later (1963), the Society chose to speculate. They threw out all the above reasoning and decided that all the above would have happened right away.

BTW, how do you get rid of the highlighting? I can't figure out how to undo it once I've clicked the icon.

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

BTW, how do you get rid of the highlighting? I can't figure out how to undo it once I've clicked the icon.

Click on the eraser-"Clear formatting"

CCS

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Only three years later (1963), the Society chose to speculate.

Whoops! the year was actually 1966 when they came out with "Life Everlasting in Freedom of the sons of God." It contained a chart showing the 1,000 year reign of Christ beginning in 1975 (12 years after 1963). 12 years + 5,988 = 6,000 which was to be followed by the 1,000 year reign of Christ = 7,000 year "day" with that day ending in the year 2975. They also stated "It would not be by mere chance ot accident but would be according to the loving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ, the 'Lord of the sabbath,' to run parallel with the seventh millennium of man's existence." How I remember the buzz at the assembly when that book was released!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Thanks Cold Creek Swimmer for the help on the formatting.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yes they wrote that book and many others and as Solomn put it well, to the writing of many books there is no end but the bottom line is fear God and keep His commandments.

That Book may be man written but still the scripture applies In 2 Tim 3:16 and 17

Yes, the scriptures are inspired and benefical, and that is where it stops, with God's Word, sad we all fell into the snare of reading man made lit more than we should have and really at all.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit