How many Witnesses would stop going to meetings if..............

by TooBad TooSad 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

How many witnesses would stop going to the meetings right now if they were not tied to the

organization due to family members who are active and are blinded by WT teaching?

How many husbands, like myself, go to meetings so as not to destroy their marriage?

How many teenagers will stop going once they are on their own? How many grown independant

children go to meetings because their parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are active?

My educated guess is 25% of all JW's would drop out if there were no family ties holding

them. What do you think?

• the_end_of_eternity
    the_end_of_eternity

if nothing in your friends and family would change, I would guess it is closer to 50%

• Serg
    Serg

I completely agree with you and I think the number would me more like 30 or 40%. There's always that 1 person in the family egging and pushing everyone else to go to the meetings and to FS.

Great point!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You're being generous. I think at least 75% would stop going if they didn't have pressure from family or friends they care about. I'm convinced that every JW has at least some doubts that they surpress because they fear losing their loved ones.

W

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TooBadTooSad,

It is hard to say exactly what the percentage would be but I suspect it is higher than the 25% you quoted.

I think a lot of people there are 'faking it'.

LHG

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Ya about 75 %. would drop out

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

my guess is more than half of the wits would stop going. i hear you mate, hang in there, it took me like 3 years and now finally my wife also stopped going - although she's still a believer. but that's alright. when they know you don't believe and still didn't commit adultery or fornication or anything else a nonbeliever is supposed to do, they eventually notice, that not everything they hear in the meetings has to be taken literally.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know that I dropped out. I didn't have a family in. They wouldn't let me find a wife (they told me, as an official arrangement, to just meet men at a$$emblies and they wouldn't let the "sisters" receive me if they were visiting). Thus, they shot themselves in the foot (actually, both feet) when they didn't do all they could to get the sisters interested in me.

Hopefully I can do a lot more damage to the Watchtower Society by doing apostasy than I ever could have done with fornication and/or polygamy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This hypothetical situation has no definite answer, but I will put my $ 0.02 in.

How many people stop going to a church when they reach adulthood?
    In the past, the number was huge. The reason may have been that there was
    no repurcussions for stopping attendance. The preacher or the parents didn't
    condemn the former attendee to everlasting cutting off. That indicates that
    many were just going for their parents.

WTS instills fears in people. It guilts people. Nobody wants to be cut off from
    family, nor hear how they are displeasing Jehovah, nor all the other things this
    religion does to them if they stop doing their theocratic activities.
    If there were none of the repurcussions, the number of those that stop going
    would be huge. Even believers hate going.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Definitely more than 25%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit