Special Bethel Talk Last Week

by BBOARD 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Is that the Crenshaw cong in Los Angeles?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: It mentioned how Satan uses sex, bad association, and possibly college as a snare.

Did he happen to use the Bible to show how Satan had the power to do this? And if "college" is a "snare", did he explain how the Legal Department is stocked with Lawyers, which takes 7 years of that ol' snare called "college"?

Thought not.

Farkel

• bobld
    bobld

Unbelieveable,how can a bethelite get on stage and out and out lie.bold face liar.When I read past WT/A mags with what they print today it makes me sick.They really believe the end is close,1914,1925,1975,1995,2000,please give me a break.Make bethel a career, so why did you kick all the older ones out,because they were useless when the end is so close.Liar,liar,liar..........liar.

bob

ps New system won't need doctors.Look moron there is a shortage of doctors today.When is this new system coming.(more than 7 years to be a cerified doc.)

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

In the mid 1960's I was talked out of going to a medical school to be a lab tech ( a two year course)

because in a few years there would be no need of doctors. That was 42 years ago.

Instead I took on a grunt job to keep my loving Elders happy.

• zack
    zack

OK, so what does this guy do at Bethel? If he was in Vietnam, he has got to be pushing 60. And if he got married prior to Bethel then he must have gone

much later than the seventies because Bethel didn't take married couples until Knorr himself married Audrey.

So, how did he come to be there? Was this discussed? Or is he a cummuter Bethelite? My old CO was a commuter Bethelite. Perhaps he is one of these?

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/file/388773A5-D98F-4D50-A39A-7C677408F6CB.ashxGuys:

I'm still an Elder, and I have a college degree. Every time I hear a young witness saying that they are not going to college, I try to reason with them in the following way, and maybe it will help you too to make them think:

1) "If you have to provide for your family, how many hours a day you will have to work"? Answer: 8 to 9 hours.

2) As you WILL need to work at least 8 hours a day, what will make a difference in pay? Having an education!

3) If you don't go to college, you will probably earn a minimum wage. That will force you to work OVERTIME to pay for your expenses. "You will be sacrificing the time you need for the meetings/spiritual things then!" (Working during the nights or weekends)

4) "YOU are the one that decides if you want to earn $5.00 an hour, or $25.00 an hour". Go to college!

5) I always has a copy of the article from Awake!1969 May 22 p.15 in my suitcase. I show it as a last resort.

It says:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

After showing that, I point out that the young people that didn't go to college in 1969, are near 60 years old now, and most of them don't have a retirement plan today. And they regret the choice they made!!

By the way, one of the young brothers that I said that last year, is currently in college. I hope that the "higher education" will open his eyes to see the truth about "The Truth" TM.

Click here to see the copy:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/file/388773A5-D98F-4D50-A39A-7C677408F6CB.ashx

• jam
    jam

apologies for all the young ones born in the 60;s and 70.s. I also was a vietnam vet. Became a jw 1969.In the late 60,s in my area a large number of young married people fill the kingdom halls. And the ones that fill those halls were Doctors,lawyers,executives,people with high academic degrees. So we believe our decision too become a JW was the best thing for our family. We where worng. I can see many here are from that generation. When we came in we had the nice jobs, that made it possible too have nice homes ,cars and etc. So what have we done, we have produce a generation that do not have the necessary tools too live a fullfill life. Our children are raise too move up in the quality of life, too exceed your folks. This will not be possible with the view on higher learning. This will only create frustration.The growth came in the 60,s and 70,s kingdom halls being built, assemble halls. Then a lot of the big monies left and then the KH begain too close. Maybe they will wake up and realize college is not the enemy.Mormons go too college and they remain Mormons but with a capability of a larger contribution.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I could forgive them for not letting me go to college. (I could easily have gotten a 4-year degree a long time ago) They softened for awhile in 1994. Now in the last couple of years they are hitting it harder than ever. I cannot forgive them now.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13
    Maybe they will wake up and realize college is not the enemy

but college IS the enemy. Higher education generally exposes you to critical thinking, taking a scientific approach by questioning what you are taught. Having gone back to university finally as an adult I know that what I've learned has reinforced my ability to see through the "truth".

There may be certain university courses they could find acceptable, In my time they were less critical of going to school to learn trades.

It makes me sad and angry to see them once again taking a hard line on higher education - raising yet another generation of janitors. (with all due respect to those who choose that profession)

• Satanus
    Satanus

He sounds like an organisation man; a middle manager, who doesn't bother his head too much about doctrine, truth and stuff like that. He's finally found his niche in middle management for a multinational corp, w good fringe benefits, or so he thinks.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit