Funeral I went to Saturday, has made me think a lot about. . .

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

this fabulous 42 yr old, fun, smart, dear wife and mother of 2 teenage boys. She was incredibly close to her older sister, they were best friends, and naturally the whole large family is devastated. Even her sons' basketball coach stood up to speak of her and sobbed uncontrollably about how dear a person she was, especially dying so young.

So I've been extra angry at my family, at all our JW families. They think they'll live forever and that how they treat us today doesn't matter, that the years they've spent shunning some here don't matter. They don't know what love is, Forrest Gump knew what love is, but JWs do not. This gal and her husband and 2 boys had their last picture together taken several weeks ago, knowing it would be their last all together and a large print was displayed at the service and used on the memorial 'flyer', it is an incredibly beautiful and haunting pic, they're looking at her so lovingly and as if they're saying 'so long'.

What I'm getting at is: We matter to one another though. I'm grateful for this site and for the people (real or imagined) here. Love the one you're with, that's all, because who knows what tomorrow may bring! My husband just said to me that our real friends and loved ones want our happiness, they are the ones that matter most.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Amen!

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Pio,

Good post: your thoughts are on the mark. Realizing the differences between the mockery of love an truth connected to the WT with the reality of Life is a huge leap post exit.

Wishing you well in your Journey,

Take care,

V

• dinah
    dinah

Sounds like you've gotta lotta spirit. Just not the kind your name infers to.

Yes! It's important to have friends and let your friends know you love them. It's important to let your kids know you love them, AND your spouse, parents, grandparents, the list goes on and on. It's also important to let them know your love isn't dependant on your status in an organization.

I'm so sad for those two boys losing their mom. We should all love those close to us (real or imagined----I like that) while we are still here.

• Gopher
    Gopher

SHOWER THE PEOPLE --- James Taylor

You can play the game and you can act out the part
    Though you know it wasn't written for you
    But tell me, how can you stand there with your broken heart
    Ashamed of playing the fool
    One thing can lead to another; it doesn't take any sacrifice
    Oh, father and mother, sister and brother
    If it feels nice, dont think twice

Just shower the people you love with love
    Show them the way that you feel
    Things are gonna work out fine if you only will
    Shower the people you love with love
    Show them the way you feel
    Things are gonna be much better if you only will

You can run but you cannot hide
    This is widely known
    And what you plan to do with your foolish pride
    When you're all by yourself alone
    Once you tell somebody the way that you feel
    You can feel it beginning to ease
    I think it's true what they say about the squeaky wheel
    Always getting the grease.

Better to shower the people you love with love
    Things are gonna be just fine if you only will
    Things are gonna be much better if you only will

You'll feel better right away
    Don't take much to do
    Sell you pride
    They say in every life
    They say the rain must fall
    Just like pouring rain
    Make it rain
    Make it rain
    Love, love, love is sunshine.
    Oh yes
    Make it rain
    Love, love, love is sunshine
    Yeah, all right
    Everybody, everybody

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

It does make you think about things differently. I'll never be the same.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Well said!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    What I'm getting at is: We matter to one another though. I'm grateful for this site and for the people (real or imagined) here. Love the one you're with, that's all, because who knows what tomorrow may bring! My husband just said to me that our real friends and loved ones want our happiness, they are the ones that matter most.

My brother in law said to me about a year ago, my husband's little brother, you make a new family. And that is what I set out to do.

And I'm doing it. I've done it. There are people in my life now, both in my everyday "real" life and those on line that I care very much for. They include exjw's and never been jw's.

If there is one thing I learned, that I truly wish I would have understood as a JW, be grateful for the people in your life that love you for who you are and are willing to go the extra mile or two for you. Be thankful.

***thank you

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

When I was a examplary youth in the org. I ended up disowning my cousin that I grew up with. Now were getting tighter and these past couple of days I realizing that I missed out of years of memories. I cant get that time back but I can make up for it. I ready to make new friends in real life and on net.

• dinah
    dinah

Almost all of my family was "worldly" when I was growing up. Now we are much closer, since they are no longer doomed to destruction in my eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit