Internet TV

by AudeSapere 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• BlackPearl
  • one
    one

For the sake of talking... Direct-tv and Dish are companies that require monthly payment depending on the package you select, they install the whole thing. FTA is free, the dish antenna should be around 80$ new, installation is easy if you are mechanically inclined, a quick and cheap way is to hold the antenna legs in place with a couple of heavy concrete blocks, no drilling the roof. many many people are just hacking the paid system... with an FTA system, the difference between the two is mainly the decoding software, i dont watch tv at all... and got out the industry long ago. Some FTA receivers come with HDTV capability, good if you have a HDTV monitor. reason for being free is the fact that it is cheap to broadcast... digitally using MPEG encoding standard, IMO it is cheaper than terrestial broadcasting, at least your potential audience is "unlimited", IPTV, internet tv, needs to improve by coming up with an standard "channel" ID and tunning method and an "appliance" for those who dont want to play with a pc. By that time tv manufacturers will include HDTV receiving capability as standard features, besides being able to connect direcly to Cable, a satellite dish and internet.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

YES!! Some more cool links and a few other hardward suggestions.

This is great.

Feel free to add more if you find them. I love the variety.

-Aude.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Someone posted a link where you could watch whole seasons of a lot of different shows. My computer crashed and I lost the link I had on my favorites. Anyone know what the link is?

• Frank.L
    Frank.L

http://tvunetworks.com/

I use this to watch all my ppv's for free..it has a lot of news channels ..so you simply need to download the tvnetworks player and then ...enjoy all the channels...

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Frank - Thanks! I'll try that this weekend.

I found another one that could give me some info for news: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Scroll down on the right and click on 'Videos'.

The internet is an amazing thing.

-Aude.

• justhuman
    justhuman

mmm

• AudeSapere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit