Are You A Witness In Good Standing?

by feenx 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

SERG,

I FELL FOR YOU BUDDY. HOPE THINGS GET BETTER. I OPENED MY EYES ON MY OWN. I CAN SEE NOW!!!!

LULU

• XOCO
    XOCO

still active never did anything wrong except seek higher edu. i was a seeking a question that was not fully answered in the WT CD-rom but i found it hear and i'm learning so much here XOCO.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi,

I was a Witness in good understanding so I left .

To enter the Jah Jirah care homes run by some Witlesses you have to be in good standing so it is assumed that if you spend your life being a good and faithfull servant I mean slave and then toward the end of your life you go off the rails or to put it another way you see the Whacktower for what it really is you are definately standing on your own.

In good standing means going to meetings every week, you must have a thing about door knockers you must not be rocking the boat by asking awkward questions and you must sever all links with any normal persons.There's more; if you are a man that is, you must shave and have at least one decent suit and tie.There's more; you must be able to read and and give an answer to a question that is already written down which repeated enough times means you are hypnotised and can't break the trance without difficulty.There's more ,oh forget it!

That's my understanding of being in good standing.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

i would say that being in "good standing" means you put in the required quota of 10 hours a month, and make all 5 of the meetings weekly, are a member of the theocratic ministry school, and give talks(kinda the same thing)

according to those critera...... i would not be in good standing

however........ unless my family spills the beans to my old cong, i am simply INACTIVE.... going on 4 years

• Priest73
    Priest73

I have not clue if I am or not. I think my card may have moved congregations, but I just quit going.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 6/05 p. 3 Announcements ***

The secretary should see that the Regional Building Committee is kept up-to-date on the status of all baptized publishers who have submitted Kingdom Hall Volunteer Worker Questionnaire (S-82) forms. When there are adjustments in a volunteer’s status, such as when one moves or is appointed as a ministerial servant or an elder, a new form should be filled out promptly and submitted. If a volunteer’s mailing address or telephone number changes or if he is no longer in good standing in the congregation, the elders should immediately inform the Regional Building Committee by letter. The completed S-82 forms in the congregation file should be made available for the circuit overseer’s review when he visits the congregation.

*** km 12/05 p. 4 par. 8 2006 “Deliverance at Hand” District Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

Special Needs Room Request forms are available only for publishers whose accommodation needs cannot be cared for by family members or by their congregation. The Congregation Service Committee should consider the publisher’s qualifications, using the guidelines on the form as well as the letter dated December 14, 2005, addressed to all bodies of elders. This provision is only for publishers in good standing, along with their well-behaved children.

*** km 4/00 p. 7 Question Box ***

Question Box

? Who should receive a district convention lapel badge card?

Convention lapel badge cards can be very helpful in identifying our brothers and in advertising the convention. However, they should not be distributed indiscriminately. They identify the wearer as being in good standing with a particular congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Good standing means not under restrictions, under the cloud of being reproved or recently reinstated, definitely not someone who is df'd or da'd. Actually if the BOE think you are doing anything they don' approve of, they can withhold "privileges" indefinitely.

Inactive jws are technically in good standing because they have done nothing to be df'd and have not da'd but they are definitely considered weak and bad association.

Blondie

• llbh
    llbh

Not df or da. Do not really care how they view me. I have done nothing wrong

regards llbh

• Justitia Themis
  • outofthebox
    outofthebox

Sshh. I am a MS. And the elders love me. They want to promote me. I'll let you know if a get the new title.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit