I need the date for the 2008 Memorial

by OnTheWayOut 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Can she go to the Memorial in [whatever location you are in for your spring vacation]? That way you don't have to split up early.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I agree with what Sir82 said. It could work to your benefit. Maybe she will see the love in action.

Plus, I have to admit, I keep seeing this thread and each time thought it read: I need a date for the 2008 Memorial.

LOL Thought I was the only one reading it that way. I was wrong.

-Aude.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Can she go to the Memorial in [whatever location you are in for your spring vacation]? That way you don't have to split up early.

She has no problem with that. We have done it before. The problem comes in it being on Saturday night
    and she must be at work on Monday morning. If the Memorial were on Thursday or Friday, no big deal.
    But flying back Sunday causes some difficulty. I am a practical man. It will cost hundreds more to catch
    the right plane on Sunday morning, or else we would have to be in the right place- not a tropical island that
    takes a full day to get back from.

I know you all wish you had such a problem. I will work it out. There was a great cruise that's out now, as
    it pulled back into the States on Sunday morning. The flight would have worked out for that one. Oh, well.

I have made vacation plans in the past that interfered with the stupid theocratic plans, sometimes to my
    own detriment as an elder. C.O.'s would never have recommended me for assembly parts, when I would
    miss an assembly or even a C.O. visit for a pre-planned vacation. Maybe they figured out that I didn't want
    those parts.

I am so happy that her C.O. visit is not during the Thanksgiving break, as we are traveling that long weekend.

For the Memorial weekend, I could send her home for the hundreds of dollars more and wait until Monday
    for myself. I could go scuba diving on Sunday- that's a good excuse for me to stay one more day.
    STOP BEING JEALOUS, folks. It ain't easy being me. That's why I have all these distractions.

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel
    I need a date for the 2008 Memorial.

LOL Thought I was the only one reading it that way. I was wrong.

-Aude.

LOL Me too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit