Do I owe my life to the org?

by Serg 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Solomon said it right,"Time and unforseen circumstances befall us all" Don't give too much credit to the WTBS.

• Serg
    Serg

Thanks Flipper, believe me, we don't trust anyone, especially people in the hall. Don't even trust some family members for that matter. Am very well aware of everthing WT-crooked that went on in the past and is still going on, thanks to Randy's "free-minds" and also this board. I've actually felt like printing out that 2007 OSCE NGO list and mailing it to every "Self-ritcheous" J-dub in the area.

• steve2
    steve2

I kind of understand your questions, serg. Equally, however, you need to make space for a healthy dollop of rational thinking. You can always be grateful that your parents met, married and had you. But that does not entitle them - or by extension, their religious beliefs, to rule your life. Think of the possibly millions of females born onto cultures in which they had to endure genital mutilation. Does the fact that their parents brought them into the word and expect this practice to occur mean the females have to submit to it? Of course not. My maternal great, great grandparents were Methodists who converted to Bible Students around 1915. Using your reasoning, shouldn't they have remained loyal to the Methodist religion - the one in which they were raised? Shouldn't my mother's family return to the religion of origin?

In thinking through matters of religious faith, we need to make a clear distniction between reason and emotion. Emotion will keep you glued to the most questionable practices simply out of fear, obligation and guilt.

On the other hand, reason will help you clearly identify your arguments for staying or remaining in a religion. Personally, I believe that if your main reason for remaining in a religion is out of obligation to others, you're fooling no one but yourself.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My mom and dad lived in the same City..I owe my life to that city.....They could have meet at a movie..Maybe I owe my life to that movie..Or..The theater they saw it in....Did they meet at the concession stand?..Maybe I owe my life to Hot Buttered Popcorn and a Soft Drink?!..All Praise.....It`s all so confusing!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Serg
    Serg

Thanks for you comment Steve. Just to clarify, this thought (question) just came out of the blue. My parents are currently divorced and not in good j-dub standing. The only reason I am still "in" (attending meetings only) is for the fact that, as many others here, I'm not ready to lose my current wife and child to the WTBS.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I guess no matter how we got here, it is best to conclude that it is a wonderful life.

Keep it on the good foot.

• new boy
    new boy

Don't feel to bad my friend, the only reason I'm here is because a condom broke. It was "New Years eve" 1948. I was born Oct. 1, 1949 so do the math.

My truth is, I believe in reincaration so....on some level I picked my parents. Like maybe you did too.

Everything happens for a reason......you mission (if you choose to except) is to find out why you did.

• Trevanian
    Trevanian

Randomness is an awesome thing.

It's a wonderful life, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyfu_mU-dmo

And it's your life. Enjoy it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Definitely you do not owe your life to the Watchtower Society. The fact is that your parents met and married despite, not because of, the organization. They likely put up as many roadblocks and hurdles against it as they could, and your parents fought their way through them. Of course, the Watchtower grudgingly gave in since they could not bust up the relationship.

The fact is, it's easier for two Devil worshipers to meet and have children, either in or out of wedlock. And the children would be just as indebted to Satan as you are to the Watchtower Society. None.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

using that logic, many people owe their lives to hitler, because their parents wouldn't have met without WW2.

sorry to hear bout your wife and kids... hang in there, every JW's faith is shaken at some point - and then you're there to help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit