Silent Lambs march on Brooklyn Headquarters

by sacrebleu 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Here is the link to the news footage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=53JU4g7Ia4

If this doesn't work just search for it on you tube. I can't get my computer to copy and paste on this forum.

I don't know when this aired. Does anyone know when this aired? Has anyone seen it on TV?

I don't have cable.

sacrebleu

• erynw
    erynw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m53JU4g7Ia4

Quote from Youtube "This is the local coverage of the Silentlambs March in Brooklyn, New York on September 27,2002. Over 125 JW victims of abuse asked for a meeting with the Governing Body and were turned away and ignored. We brought stuffed lambs for each of the victims that could not be there to leave on the door step. WT officials said if we left them we would be charged with littering. Instead over 500 lambs were left in a park fence across the street as a reminder of those hurt by WT policy on abuse. Two hours later Bethel family members were seen stuffing the lambs in trash bags and being thrown away much like the lives of thousands of abuse survivors. The Silentlambs March proved that leadership of JWs do not care about abuse survivors."

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Wow, thank you for telling me. Some of this stuff is new to me. I know about Bill Bowen and Silent Lambs, but individual instances escape me since I don't have cable. Sorry folks.

It is horrible though, isn't it??

sacrebleu

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This is the local coverage of the Silentlambs March in Brooklyn, New York on September 27,2002. Over 125 JW victims of abuse asked for a meeting with the Governing Body and were turned away and ignored. We brought stuffed lambs for each of the victims that could not be there to leave on the door step. WT officials said if we left them we would be charged with littering. Instead over 500 lambs were left in a park fence across the street as a reminder of those hurt by WT policy on abuse. Two hours later Bethel family members were seen stuffing the lambs in trash bags and being thrown away much like the lives of thousands of abuse survivors. The Silentlambs March proved that leadership of JWs do not care about abuse survivors.

Wow, I never knew that..........what cold-hearted bastards.

purps

• sf
    sf

I see Erica Garza clearly.

Is Pat Garza the woman Bowen is hugging, yet the reporter is talking over this portion of the video? You do not hear what the woman said through the megaphone.

Is that Pat Garza? If SO, what did she say?

sKally

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I found out that this is supposedly old news and felt bad. I am STILL such a newb. I may not be called a newbie anymore, but I am.

Anyway, I guess maybe there were others who didn't know it either?

sacrebleu

• badboy
    badboy

PAT GARZA ALLEGES THAT TED JARACZ RAPED HER AS A CHILD.

• carla
    carla

All of this 'old news' is new news to newbies or those just thinking of fading so don't worry about recycling news! I'm sure there will be many, many different scandlous things you will hear about and will be brand new to you and many others. There are so many scandals that those of who have been studying the jw's sometimes forget about some of the old news. Post away.

• watson
    watson

Sacrableu,

Glad you brought it up again!! I was not aware of what happened with the 500 lambs. Amazing.

Watson

• Tara
    Tara

The WTS could have donated all those lambs to a children's ward in a hospital or anything else, but throw them away!

They have no natural affection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit