Favorite dopey, cheesy metal bands, songs...

by avishai 51 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hated the big hair scene. although I had alot of hair I refused to do the glam/metal hair spike. I dyed it black and hung out with the punkers or the goths.

• avishai
    avishai

Hmmm, an elitist!!!

I hung out with all of 'em, although alot of the headbangers called me "Fag" and stuff because I was a skater/new wave guy. It was hilarious, especially when they were wearing a Poison, or Judas priest shirt. When I explained the irony, most of them did'nt see the humor, and I had to run, or skate away, or whack them with my board (I'm a black belt in skateboard kwan do!)

• erynw
    erynw

Garrison - Hold Back The Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBiN3ciS8hE

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Kix
    Quiet Riot
    Giant
    Saigon Kick
    Alexa
    Cats In Boots
    Charade
    Danger Danger
    Extreme
    Firehouse
    Helix
    McAuley Schenker Group
    Michael Bolton
    Motley Crue
    Skid Row
    Trixter
    Pretty Boy Floyd
    Great White
    Whitesnake
    Savatage
    Steelheart
    Autograph
    Bulletboys
    Cinderella
    Kingdom Come
    LA Guns
    Mr. Big
    Poison
    Bon Jovi
    Scorpions
    Slaughter
    Spinal Tap
    Triumph
    Warrant
    Winger

Thread over. I win!

BTW, how can you tell I REALLY enjoy this type of music? Regardless of how much I like this stuff, Winger still sucks.

• avishai
    avishai

Not over!! Trivia Question, What band did savatage become? Hint, they tour mainly in the holiday season.....

Another one, what band is the lead singer of Fastway in now?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

December 1987 was when I discovered alternative music (well, I already liked R.E.M. and Depeche Mode), by flipping the dial to 98 Rock which played both classic rock and college/alternative, and I never went back. I was sooooo SICK of pop and hair metal (I was a fan at the time btw of Metallica and Rush, so nothing against metal per se), tho I confess I liked Bon Jovi quite a bit earlier that year. But so happy I was to discover music I liked... I hadn't heard "She Sells Sanctuary" until that time, and so hearing stuff like that and the Church, and Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Cure, and the Pixies, and Dramarama, and the Smithereens, and Concrete Blonde, etc. I still feel really good thinking back to those times. :) Can't believe it took another three years for hair metal to bite to dust, so to speak.

BTW, I flipped the dial because the top 40 station I always listened to had nothing but wall-to-wall Christmas music. God bless them for that!

• avishai
    avishai

HATED BonJovi for years. Buddy and I used to moon the TV (LONG before beavis and butthead) whenever they came on.

Dammit, saw this, and had to grudgingly respect them. Galls the hell outta me, but he nailed the song...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ANwTNFWvOF8

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Ok here's some guesses:

1. Trans Siberian Orchestra

2. Flogging Molly

• Twitch
    Twitch

Girlschool

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

avi? Where are you? Did I get them right?

Huh? Huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit