A changing trend in Watchtower teaching??????

by TooBad TooSad 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

For the last year or so I have been sensing a change in the wording of articles in the

Watchtower, Awake, and KM's but I could not put my finger on it until I read the

November 2007 Our Kingdom Ministry. In the front page article "Walk as Wise Persons"

I will give you three sentences found in the article. Can you see the trend and why

are the statements not logical to a normal thinking person?

Here they are: "Additionally, we are all getting older, and the calamitous days that accompany

advancing age and that limit what we are able to do in Jehovah's service are inescapable in this

present system of things. Abraham found peace and serentiy in his later years, dying old and satisfied

because he had used his life wisely, entirely devoted to Jehovah. Very soon now this old system of things

will end."

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Yea that's weird. Saying we are getting old in this system of things and then saying the end is near.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Preparing the fleeced, er flock, for the reality that that will grow old and die . .

Something I realized on my 30th birthday, 24 years ago . .

Hypocrits

• besty
    besty

Agreed - I noticed over the last few years a lot more emphasis on the resurrection

Thats good that the WTS are feeding their flock ie old people :-)

• metatron
    metatron

I think they're just hedging.

metatron

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yes, they're getting old and dying. All the GB in Brooklyn Bethel in the early 70's are all dead now. All 9 GB now have all been brought in since (except Steve Lett was at Brooklyn Bethel in early 70's as a young kid, partaker, not a GB then by far, he left Brooklyn in early 70's but called back much later). The old there at Bethel are taken care of, however, not much/any concern for the old elsewhere. I hope the youth are viewing their aging parents and aging/dying grandparents that have long been JWs and hope the youth are considering doing things quite a bit different.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

I have never read before statements in the first person "we are getting older".

The article shows common sense with the above statement helping the older

ones to cope with their eventual demise of death and then they turn around

with the end is very soon. If that is true then why worry about how old we are

if the end is just around the corner, unless very soon, in Watchtower lingo,

means 20 to 30 years.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Those three sentences do not integrate with each other. Calling "old age" inevitable and then saying that the end is just ahead do not mix. There is no way old age would even get here for many if the end were coming imminently (say, within the next 6 months).

Somehow, I think it is going to be calamitous for people as they get old. They are being urged not to go to college or continue working a decent job, so they are going to sow poverty. And, they are urged to pioneer (meaning using more gas, which as many are noticing is getting more expensive). This is going to put a squeeze play on many, as they are already poor. And, cutting their means of living now means less Social Security and pensions later. Which means no money to put gas in their cars to go to all those meetings or go out in field circus when they get old. Not to mention that they put all their savings into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund box.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I think they know people are wondering, "Where did the years go, what did I accomplish all these years?"

Think about it: Many of these people who are up in age didn't have children. Or if they did, they've been shunning their own children for years for leaving the "truth". So, basically, they have no families.

Some sold their homes, some NEVER BOUGHT HOMES (I know a few of these). Some have been renting, living day to day, week to week as elders, elderettes, pioneers...

How depressing it must be to look back and wonder what your fruitage is and knowing all you have to look forward to is death and *maybe* a resurrection.

And then comes the *comfort* of knowing the END MUST BE SO NEAR so at least if I die I wont be dead for long.

How terribly sad!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

PS: some are probably so depressed they can't wait to die. They'd rather die than trudge along waiting for the *end* to save them from the wretched lives they've set up for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit