Time to simplify

by RollerDave 21 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds good. The rich, successful appearing people that i know don't have a lot of undone crap, or just stuff that doesn't serve at the moment. They use it, or get rid of it. They are really focussed.

S

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Dave this sounds like a GREAT plan!!! You're absolutely right too, you can't do everything or help everyone. A person must know their limits, and concentrate on what AND who are really important to them. Lots of luck with having more children too. One of these days, I have to meet Ms. Right and get on that myself.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Guess since I had my kids young, I always had the simplify idea. You will be much happier dedicating your time to what is important..Good luck!!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I've gone through the 'simplifing of life' the last few years and feel much so much more freedom and lack of stress. I had 300 sport jackets and 100 pairs of shoes at one time! All kinds of vehicles, etc., etc.

Now, I just look for friends that have swiming pools, boats, airplanes, vacation cottages, etc., and visit them every once in awhile. Life is good!

Outaservice

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Keeping it simple is the ONLY way to truly be happy in this wicked world. Colossians 4:5 is one of my favorite verses. It says, "Walk in wisdom toward those on the outside, always spending your time wisely." To me, that verse says that if we don't fill our schedule up with wholesome things, then other things WILL fill it up. Being debt-free is one of the key things to living simply I think. And just being content with what you have. Not having to have the latest car, latest computer, latest technology.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great post Dave!

All the best on marriage and kids if that's really what you both want and are ready for.

(20+ years remember)

Not trying to discourage, just makin' sure you make sure.

Take care Dave.

Open Mind

• Mum
    Mum

Roller, I can SO relate to what you're saying. I have rid myself of a lot, but there's lots more. Big stuff is easier to get rid of than small stuff. I have more room because of ridding myself of excess furniture. My garage is my nightmare now. Every weekend I think to myself, "I could be out doing something fun and enlightening if I were not dealing with all of this stuff !"

I believe the Shakers had a hymn that went something like "'Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free..."

Yours in creating more freedom and resetting priorities,

SandraC

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Thanks all!

Bubble, you go! Life is too short to live under a burden of useless crap!

Nowman, Glad I could be of service. I'm simplifying, but I have no intention of allowing it to go so far as becoming boring. There is never a dull moment around the Roller House, lots of fun, games, laughs, and love. Balance can be awesome.

Thanks, NVR, I really do feel life is on an upward trend, I'm thirty pounds down, have already reduced a bunch of junk, cleaned my parking pad, and am feeling rather smugly self-satisfied.

jgnat, Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm WAY ahead of you there, I'm keeping my truck, my convertible, all my guns, my 42 inch plasma, you know, sustenance and covering.

Sweetstuff, I've already raised one, so I know of what you speak, and now that she's grown, she has bigger toys, pianos, electric organs, keyboards ,a whole forest of guitars, and enough clothes to wrap the third world in designer styled fabric.

JagBass, you got THAT one right, man, I've been Pwned by my own stuff, but payback's a beeyatch and the stuff is gonna lose. As to the boat, good thing it's trailered and wrapped til I can adopt it out.

Heheheh, Prophecor, that's a very funny commercial, good thing I'm not on such financially shakey ground as THAT guy! I have too much to do, and not enough hands to put to the tasks at hand, but it would be some much worse if I was bleeding money.

Satanus, Bluesbreaker, Mentalclearness, outaservice, and Deac, I know what you mean!

OM, thnx for the heads up, I already raised one so I remember well what it's like, but keep in mind that My gal is 17 yrs my junior, she's raring to go.

Mum, I LOVE that song, I know it well. It has this great 'lilt' to it. So much better than the execrable horse-waste they sing in the KH!

God, I love getting responses and gabbing!

Thanks all, keep 'em coming if ya want.

RD

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dave,

This sounds like a really good direction for the Roller house. It'll still be a lot of fun there, wherever "there" is, even with less stuff. Actually how can it be anything but fun over at your house?

Good luck to you on the de-junkifying project. It will be so worth it! I can't wait for the aposta-housewarming-fest!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit