Dating a Disfellowshipped Chick

by SonoftheTrinity 23 Replies latest social relationships

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

SonoftheTrinity

Respect to you for taking advice as it's intended

I'm not meaning to be controlling but shouldn't a new citizen give at least the minimum, their vote, JW or not?

You might think so, but she needn't agree. Nor is it actually that important at this stage in her recovery.

You hit the money where you say you're used to debate and she isn't; what to you might be cheerful debate might to her be you telling her there's only one way. I debate like a propeller and know sometimes I can come across like 'this is right and nothing else is' even if I don't actually really think that.

I was brought up to believe that the people that didn't vote were what was wrong with this country, especially if they were naturalized and didn't vote. Being nice and respecting the laws isn't enough, getting your hands dirty by voting and marching in protests for whatever you believe in is how you keep your country free. I know people who come from other countries often have an even more cynical view of politics.

And you're perfectly free to have that opinion. She will not be as free to have that opinion for a while as she's been in a mind controlling cult where black pudding and voting were both BAD. Just because she's now out doesn't mean she can over come that programming easily or quickly

I try to engage her about these things and she won't debate me! Why don't JWs debate, without debate, there would be no civilization!!!

Her opinons in some area were never based on facts or reason.

An opinion that is not based on fact or reason is very hard to overcome with facts or reason.

without debate, there would be no civilization!!!

That statement gets me as close to kissing a practising male Orthodox Christian as I ever am likely to. I hear you brother!

(nothing against males or practising Orthodox Christians, just I don't normally agree with them so much I want to kiss them!

• Aleman
    Aleman

About the trinity, can you explaine this text? - Matthew 12:31,32 - "“On this account I say to YOU , Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. - For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come."

• harleau
    harleau

Okay, so Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians. So, she didn't lie to you by telling you she was Christian. But to be honest, the organization does not recommend that we date people outside of our religion because when the time comes, yoou will turn on us. It's to be expected. So, she is probably already in a bit more trouble than you realize. Second, she doesn't want to vote because we do not believe in a wordly system. Just God's system. So there is no reason for us to contribute our opinins to a Wordly Man. The only one we have to answer to is Jehovah. So, I'm guessing no. It probably won't work. Your beliefs are so different. It would not just benefit you, but also her if you guys were to separate.

• sspo
    sspo

Save yourself a lot of headaches and move on with someone else.

It would only get worse after marriage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit