Must JWs Confirm They're JWs?

by Simon G Best 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

I find it amazing that when they are at your door they are reluctant to tell you they are jw's!!! Here they are proud to have the 'truth' and yet embarrassed to even admit who they are. I once asked a jw at my door THREE times before he would answer! I asked point blank ' are you a jehovahs witness?' finally he admitted it. I have asked my jw why this is a number of times, always a different answer. Sometimes it is because 'nobody will talk to us if we way jw's' , then I ask 'oh, I see your reputation preceeds you?' that one always stumps him. Other times he claims it because they are promoting the bible not the wt lit, then I ask 'why then is the first thing a jw has in hand and wants to give you a WT or Awake and not a bible?' that one stumps him too sometimes until he remembers that we need someone to tell us what the bible means. 'You mean you have fired the Holy Spirit?!' Doesn't the bible tell us that the Holy Spirit will teach us?' -- time to change the subject......

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Here they are proud to have the 'truth' and yet embarrassed to even admit who they are. I once asked a jw at my door THREE times before he would answer!

True, and yet I remember being like that myself. We felt that the message was SOOOO important and that people would 'miss out' if they knew we were JW's because their natural prejudice would kick in before they had heard this fantastic message.

If only we could get them to hear the message unencumbered from any prejudice about who we were, they would be bound to listen...

Now, I cant even answer the door if I see JW's coming round, I just cant bear to hear that claptrap I peddled for 30 years, and I have no polite way of saying no thank you. So I run upstairs shouting to the rest of the family - Jehovahs Witnesses coming to the door, you can answer it if you like, but IM NOT!

• justhuman
    justhuman

Get out from this forum... is full of dangerous apostates that will turn your faith apart...leave we are satan possesed apostates..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit