If you were given $1M.....

by Jourles 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

...and the only stipulation for spending it was that you had to use it in some way against the WTS, how would you use the money? A TV campaign? Radio? Web advertising? Fighting them in court over blood or whatever? Hitman?

If I were given the opportunity, I would put the BoE letters back up on the web and wait for WTS legal to send me another C&D letter over copyright infringement. I would go to court over this. I can't speak for Quotes, but I imagine he would do the same.

What would you do with the money?

• dinah
    dinah

I'd go to college, get a Ph.D. in Psychology and help the ex-jw's pick up the pieces. Then write a book about all the hurt and distribute it free.

Then I'd live happily ever after.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSnLL6XbqH4

• minimus
    minimus

I would spend the mil on myself by staying in a loft in NYC and I'd go to bars and clubs and fine restaurants talking negatively about thr Witnesses until the $$$$ ran out.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I would create rubber mask molds of Russell, Rutherford and Franz. Then a bunch of black T-Shirts saying things like "I celebrated Christmas", "I was a drunk", "I was against organ transplants", "I didn't believe in disfellowshipping".

Then make them available to apostate protesters around the world. I think more ex-witnesses would protest conventions if they could do so anonymously. It would also create a visual that would be difficult to look at and not read the message.

It's little things, but I think it would make a huge impression on active witnesses, especially if the t-shirts kept changing their message. More and more would go online to see if this information was true or not.

• watson
    watson

I like Dinah's idea about school. I think I would take it a different direction and establish a scholarship/foundation/grant set up for middle aged ex jws. Help put them through school.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Those are some really good ideas there. I won't comment on Min's idea...

Para, if I were still in but wanting to fade or get out, I would probably be inclined to join in on such an activity. Anonymity is one of the greatest freedoms for jw's still in - just look at this board.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The public doesn't care and the media won't attack religion.

So, I'd hire the best consultants and legal advice and get the Federal Trade Commission to do a Consumer Fraud investigation,
    but only after I got the Internal Revenue investigation underway.

All the other issues — blood, child molestation, disfellowshipping — are protected by their fraudulent religio-charitable status.

Prove them to be the for-profit network of businesses they really are, gut the religion out of the equation, tax the sh*t out of them,
    and it all goes away.

~Sue

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Id set up a slush fund for victims of JW paedophiles so that people could go as far as they needed to, to get justice without having to give up due to lack of funds.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I would spend the mil on myself by staying in a loft in NYC and I'd go to bars and clubs and fine restaurants talking negatively about thr Witnesses until the $$$$ ran out.

I have new-found respect and appreciation for you, min.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, I would get a killer computer system. That would include a drive that isn't prone to conking out like hard drives are. It would be so huge that I would be able to back up whole forums and barely put a dent in the capacity of the drive. And it would have the most advanced and reliable Internet access I could get.

From there, I would get onto a good hosting system and host a massive apostate Web site. It would be like a master switchboard linking every other apostate site to mine. Of course I would have a forum that would, hopefully, get as big as this one is. Maybe more than one forum, since I realize there are different markets for different people (some tolerate foul language and flaming better than others, and there are people that prefer a Christian based forum). The goal would be to set up a massive educational work that would expose the Watchtower Society to everyone with Internet access.

And, I would get some software to translate the whole thing into Spanish (so Spanish language posts would get into the main system in English and could be translated into Spanish if the user wants it), Portuguese (for Brazil), French, Italian, Chinese (just in case), Nigerian, and any other languages that are in emergency conditions with potentially exploding populations of Witlesses. After that is established, other languages would be added so eventually every language where Puketower litter-ature exists would have access to the whole system in their native language.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit