FACEBOOK - How can you protect yourself from the elders?

by jwfacts 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

On facebook, if you look at the upper right hand corner you will see a link saying PRIVACY. Click it. Under "search" you can control who can search for you, if you choose "only my friends" then your profile can only be found during a search by people in your friends list. You can also choose to limit who see's your face pic and friends list.

Clicking Privacy and then Profile will allow you to hide portions of your facebook profile from friends as well as strangers, so you can hide the groups you belong to, your email address and once again your friends list.

• kifoy
    kifoy

Yes, I know how to make my profile private. But some of my JW (ex-)friends apparently don't...

kifoy

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Forgot to mention that if you click on the privacy link and look at the bottom of the page there is a "block people" part. If you can find an elder on facebook or an active dub that will dob you in you enter his or her name in there and you'll be taken to a page showing all those with that name, find the elder and click the link that says "block person".

That person will then no longer be able to tell that you were ever on facebook, your name wont show up in a search that the blocked person does and you wont appear in the friends list of anyone when the blocked person views it.

Not that helpful unless every elder you know is on facebook already, thus enabling you to block them, but brilliant for blocking those naughty appostates if your a dub

lol

• kifoy
    kifoy

*Reding Devil's next post*

Sorry, Devil. Thought you were talking to me.
    :-)

kifoy

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great comments. It really highlights the cultlike atmosphere of being a JW when you have to hide your real self from others, and who your friends are.

• Es
    Es

One of my old jw friends added me even tho I told her I wasnt a JW anymore, but she said we went way back and it didnt matter to her, that was until another JW on her friends list saw me there and then two days later I was taken off her friend list!!!

es

• bite me
    bite me

They even shun you when you are not a JW.. how sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit