thanksgiving day recipes

by bigdreaux 15 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i LOVE to cook, so, i'm really looking forward to thanksgiving. since katrina, i have some friends that don't have family here anymore or people from out of state that also don't have families here to share it with. i will be cooking and would love to share recipes with others. i have a killer turkey recipe and i've been told my mashed potatoes are to die for. anyone wanna trade?

• R.F.
    R.F.

Mind sharing a plate with your buddy?

R.F.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Homemade Cranberry Sauce:

2 cups hulled, washed and dried cranberries.

1 cup of sugar

1/2 tsp. of lemon

3/4 a cup of water.

Boil the above ingredients just until the cranberry skins pop, jar and refridgerate until ready to use.

Easy and way better than that store bought canned junk.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

oh, btw, everyone here is invited. seriously.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

id come................ but grandma who is a dub........... is putting out a damn good spread lol.............. i mean um......... my "worldly aunt" who lives with her is............... yeah ................ thats it................ mmmmmmmmm turkey

• restrangled
    restrangled

More to die for mashed potatoes, confirmed by all the men in my family. If they visit home, no matter what else I cook these have to be on the menu. Every girl friend hears about these, and of course mom is the only one that can deliver!

5 pounds potatoes perferably the new golds boiled with skins on. Drain and let all steam dissapate but make sure they are still warm. With skins on add to the following...... Which have been allowed to come to room temp in the mixing bowl.

4 T. butter, 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup Maries blue Cheese dressing, 1/2 cup sour cream, start mixing and add enough half and half to make them smooth and creamy...(it won't take much half and half....so be careful) add seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Remove any skins that come off on the beaters but let the rest remain.

Scoop into a serving bowl and top with an additional 3 T. butter and sprinkle with paprika. They can be put back into the oven to keep warm until your dinner is ready. Cover with foil if you do this.

Heart attack heaven, but ohhh, are they heaven! Top with your favorite gravey.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Great Stuffing .....

1/2 pepperidge farm bread crumbs and 1/2 corn bread.....about 5 cups each. (You will need a huge bowl)

2 or 3 granny smith apples chopped skins left on.

1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.

1 cup chopped dates

2 sticks sweet butter melted (1 pound)

2 cans good quality chicken stock

2 large onions chopped

5 stalks celery sliced

Start by melting one stick butter and saute the chopped onion and celery until soft. add the following spices, at least 3 tbs. sage or more, pepper, and 1 tbs. parsley. 1 tsp. black pepper, and 2 tsp. salt.

Add the rest of the butter and melt down with the above veggies. pour into the 10 cups croutons and stir. Add the 2 cans chicken stock and add the rest of the ingredieants. Taste test and adjust as needed. Add your own favorite spices...... This will bake up perfect either in or outside the turkey but best inside the bird.

r.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I love you and the lovely missanna, BigDreaux!

Tear that turkey up!

• restrangled
    restrangled

OK Bigd. I am waiting for YOUR mashed potato recipe and any other recipes you want to share. I look for new stuff every year. I have loads of stuff but always want to try something new..

Thanks in advance!

r.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm stealing all of the recipes posted

(I'd contribute a recipe but I don't have any Thanksgiving ones of mine that are very phenomenal).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit